Like Tree5Likes

Which IMAX's better? Megabox vs ISquare - Both Digital Now

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by amrit.bharadwaj:
    I have seen Thor in Megabox and HP: DH2 in Isquare

While Megabox was very good in terms of Visuals and Sounds, Isquare was more comfortable to reach if you are going on a Friday 7 PM Show. For Megabox you have to Take MTR+ 10 min Walk + 5 min Shuttle bus + 5-7 mins to locate the Theatre in the huge Mall.

You decide!
    Quote Originally Posted by [B:
    [/B]imparanoic;1820549]for the very best films, isquare is far superior in sound and visuals, i wanna watch premethoeus ( alien prequel) next year on isquare imax
    Two contradicting answers here. Since amrit.bharadwaj has been to both recently... I want to ask, so you mean Megabox was better in terms of sound and visuals?
    And that isquare is better for convinience?
    But imparonoic says isquare is superior in sound and visuals?

Hey Dude Batman Dark Knight Rises is still not released yet why don't you go and try out some movies in both yourself? I am sure there will be a few 3D movies in IMAX by that time.

Megabox has an Ikea as well so you can spend some time there if you are bored by travelling that far :P I felt better for Thor because the movie was in itself good and deserved IMAX.

HP DH 2 I felt was a forced 3D movie, it could have been better in 2D, its not an action movie franchise. My views only!

Last edited by amrit.bharadwaj; 16-12-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo for HP DH2

Quote Originally Posted by yepdaddy:
    Two contradicting answers here. Since amrit.bharadwaj has been to both recently... I want to ask, so you mean Megabox was better in terms of sound and visuals?
    And that isquare is better for convinience?
    But imparonoic says isquare is superior in sound and visuals?
    you are right, biased based on films which has different sounds, so i will not comment on sound on either.

I watched batman the dark knight in megabox, great, but the seating is slightly too close, but hey who cares are HK$95, imax 3d at a bargain price

i also watched avatar in isquare, seating was far better, possibly cos it a bigger place, but it's at a premium price at HK$170

nevertheless, the grand cinema has the best sound, i watched tron 3d ( non imax) there and it blew my mind.

I've only ever been to one imax and (if my yorkshireman grandad is to believed) it was the first ever imax, in bradford.

so anyway... the imax cinemas in HK are SMALL?!... Surely that's the whole point of an imax - it is massive. Otherwise, why do they get permission to call it imax? Is it just a brand name or what?

Wink Are you guys sure there is no film Imax at Megabox?

Or did they add digital projectors for 3D movies but kept the 70mm film projector.

I'm not in HK otherwise I'd go to find out myself.

I saw Dark Knight there in early 2009 it blew my eyeballs. It was so sharp.

Even though the print was 6 months old there was not a scratch.

UA has opened the biggest IMAX in HK at HKIA Terminal 2 as of July 5...

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    UA has opened the biggest IMAX in HK at HKIA Terminal 2 as of July 5...
    And you absolutely have to give them credit for finding one of the few places in HK to put an IMAX cinema which is more inconvenient than Megabox!
    Rob2020, emx and Stoob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    And you absolutely have to give them credit for finding one of the few places in HK to put an IMAX cinema which is more inconvenient than Megabox!
    Hahaha, so true. Unless you are like me, considering of flying over there to catch TDKR. Unless it is digital IMAX, then it makes no sense to build one at the airport.

Going to megabox was a bit of a hassle but I find it totally enjoyable.

In China, no film IMAX, hardly any 4K, and only a few movies a year from overseas. Sux. Life in HK is good.