RnB/Hip Hop

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm still not sure people are on the same wavelength here... R&B to me is not dance music...

I have to disagree, there are songs that are R&B and can be danced too... that is if you know how

First of all, we do dance with RnB, and it's very hard to find someone who can really dance with RnB unless you're black? People who can't dance with RnB, that means we are in two different world. Just like I can't dance with hard rock, heavy metal, techno, rave, blahblahblah, or Country Music!!??! but many people do dance with country music, ok?!
    I don't need expert to define terms though.
    and I'm not pairing them up, I'm just talking to someone who like RnB or Hip Hop, and the principle is who can also dance with it, I mean really dance with RnB or Hip Hop. or a slow jam maybe

I'm sure only those who knows what I'm talking will GET what I mean

Btw Vickie, sorry I really missed your Fri HAPPY HOUR, I have to work...
    Hei , Let's get together and the other DANCER to the club and dance all night!!
    ;P

Vickie

Np, Roco. Come to the next Happy Hour and you're forgiven... j/k

I'm glad I found this thread.. Hip Hop and Rnb seems like a waning thing here. I left Hong Kong 4 years ago and there was a pretty well established underground scene here, and apart from ING.. there doesn't seem to be much options. Used to be a lot of VIBE and Source hosted nights at clubs in wan chai and tst.. Drop a line if you know of any good spots.

Best,

Aj

>> I'm sure only those who knows what I'm talking will GET what I mean

You're wasting your energy on the plucker.

my question is still the same:

Anyone like RnB/Hiphop here? It is soooo hard to find a dance buddy!!! ;P

aww hellz ye! well...pop is danceable too...but naah hip hop n r&b, o and reggae of course, that's wat real dancin is! ;-) since ive been back to hong kong, ive been tryin to find hot hiphop spots - "Venue" has pretty good music.....but im really missin the nyc vibe hopefully things will start changin soon!

i've seen the day before yesterday on TV, an interview of an 18 years old chinese guy, organising hiphop RNB parties in Hong Kong. It seemed to be nice and crowded.
    this makes me think that it is not the only one, so there should be many parties organised (maybe not regulary like Venue but much better than Venue DJ who always plays the same sons!!!)

maybe kwoloon side, with advertisements in chinese...

by the way, there s one very good hip hop rnb club in soho. it's called DIP. it's much better than venue!!! but much harder to get in...
    cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast