RnB/Hip Hop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Rock music IS the music *g*

My daughter is 11 years old and very much interested in hip hop. any recommendations?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lyssadeguzman
    My daughter is 11 years old and very much interested in hip hop. any recommendations?

thanks
    I honestly cannot think of a single hip-hop artist I would want an 11-year-old exposed to. Definitely none of the ones I listen to :P

EDIT: Thought of one. Biz Markie. She might not like his music though. She can always take a look at his videos on Youtube.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 21-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    I honestly cannot think of a single hip-hop artist I would want an 11-year-old exposed to. Definitely none of the ones I listen to :P

EDIT: Thought of one. Biz Markie. She might not like his music though. She can always take a look at his videos on Youtube.
    DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince?

you... got what I need, and you say I'm just a friend!
    Haha, I haven't heard that song in so long, I HAD to download it and add to my "listen once a year" playlist. Honestly tho, Jay's right, but the explicit content are just part of the hip hop culture. I would recommend a 14 yr old girl to start looking into R&B, like Keyshia Cole and Alicia Keys and see if she likes it, then go from there.
    P.S. Does Hannah Montana rap?? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo
    DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince?
    I have trouble taking Will Smith seriously. I think he's a good actor, but not much of an emcee.

I've just noticed that the last post on this subject was in Jul '08. I've just arrived in HKG and would like to know which club/spot is the best for some good R&B/Hip Hop.

The best is usually pretty bad...lol. There have been some good nights tho.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4