Like Tree2Likes

Good NY fireworks viewing spots

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks Allicat. I have been up there a few times to show visitors the daily light show and it was usually deserted, but I guess I will avoid it for fireworks then.

There are usually big crowds at any vantage point and it does sound like it will be exciting this year....I'm looking forward to seeing the dragon circle around IFC2 and then shoot off into the sky! My plan is to try and find a viewing spot around the Central Ferry Piers so wish me luck

I've heard, however, that a lot of restaurants are having problems filling all their seats for NYE dinners and with the prospect of a 10-day Christmas/New Year break (if you work a five-day week and take only three working days off), many people have left Hong Kong. Though by the feel of it, they've been replaced by people flocking from the mainland to experience a 'western Christmas' and go on massive shopping sprees, so the crowd on the street will probably be as densely packed as usual.

HK Tourism Board announcement:

Spectacular Pyrotechnics Display to Welcome 2012

During the 2012 countdown celebrations, the evening sky over Hong Kong will be lit up with a stunning display of shooting stars, amazing pyrotechnics all set to music. You're sure to feel a spine-tingling rush when you join the hundreds of thousands of revellers for this incredible spellbinding experience.

Every 15 minutes from 11pm until 11:45pm your senses will be dazzled by an amazing pyrotechnic display that will be launched from the rooftops of 10 buildings every 15 minutes from 11pm until 11:45pm that will light up the sky with shooting stars. It’s the perfect moment to make a wish!

The stars which come in four colours, symbolise good wishes for four areas:
    •Silver for Career
    •Green for Health
    •Gold for Fortune
    •Red for Love

Then, at the stroke of midnight, a second dazzling pyrotechnics display will be unleashed from the façade and rooftop of Two ifc and the tops of the nine other buildings to produce a radiant shower of light, the likes of which you have never seen. It's a stunning spectacle that is sure to leave you in awe. There's also the theme song that perfectly complements the illuminations and makes it a truly sensational event. So, come and join us for an inspirational evening to welcome the new year!

Highlights of the show include: For the first time, the words "Happy New Year" created with pyrotechnic effects will appear above Victoria Harbour. Also, under the theme song of "Soaring Dragons with a Happy Heart", there will be a "golden dragon" circling around the façade of Two ifc before flying into the sky.