Don Alfonso 1890 Macau

Closed Thread
    photchan

Don Alfonso 1890 Macau

Hi,

Am having immense trouble trying to get through and book this restaurant. Lisboa must have the most under-trained, and under-qualified staff!! No telephone etiquette and no competence. Polar opposites of concierges at Wynn and Venetian! Ok enough of the rant...

Am planning a special dinner at DA this week and was hoping to call ahead an make a few special requests (e.g. cake, champagne etc...) and to have a look at the menu...however, have call them before, during and after service hours with no luck.

Has anyone been there before and happens to have the managers card?? Also how was your experience? Quality, Value, Price?

Thanks.

If it's important would it not be worth heading down there for an afternoon and making sure it is all done properly?
    If they are having trouble with a simple phone message then I suspect a special request for cake, champagne etc may be hoping for too much!

Looks like the Macau F&B and hospitality (hotel related) industry is in a bit of a crisis right now -- heard something the other day that the Venetian now employs about 5% of all of Macau.

Sorry, no contacts at the Lisboa.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    ......... the Venetian now employs about 5% of all of Macau.
    That would equate to 25,000 people!

photchan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    If it's important would it not be worth heading down there for an afternoon and making sure it is all done properly?
    If they are having trouble with a simple phone message then I suspect a special request for cake, champagne etc may be hoping for too much!
    I'd would go down if i had the time...but simply can't afford to do it. Even my chinese speaking staff are having trouble making inroads towards a booking...forget the cake! At least they do pick up their phones...eventually.

Yes i saw the report about the Venetian employing 5% of macau's workforce...something along the lines of 19,000 people. Am staying there this week so will comment on the pro's/con's. However, i have to say initial impressions through contacts with reservations and concierge staff are very promising. Well written replies to my queries, booked and held tennis match tickets, made restaurant reservations and even scanned and emailed menus to me (even menus from off-property restaurants)...so am quite impressed so far.

I read on a US based form a post from an American visitor who said that he preferred Macau over Las Vegas as there were too many rednecks in Vegas, and the players in Macau where of a much higher class....Where are these people in Macau? All i seem to see are phlegm hacking, cigarette smoking, nose picking guests from North of the border....or am i not going to the right place?

>> higher class
    >> rednecks
    >> phlegm hacking, cigarette smoking, nose picking guests

Guess that shows you where he positions rednecks.

photchan
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> higher class
    >> rednecks
    >> phlegm hacking, cigarette smoking, nose picking guests

Guess that shows you where he positions rednecks.
    No..that guy who posted from the US was;

>> higher class
    >> phlegm hacking, cigarette smoking, nose picking guests from North of the Border
    >> rednecks

Are rednecks really that bad??

Quote Originally Posted by photchan:
    No..that guy who posted from the US was;

>> higher class
    >> phlegm hacking, cigarette smoking, nose picking guests from North of the Border
    >> rednecks

Are rednecks really that bad??
    Not once you get to know us. Yeeeehaw!