Puerto Rico, where are you??

Puerto Rico, where are you??

Does anyone know of any Puertorican restaurants in HK?

I love PR food!! One of my favorites actually, but I've been here a year and I haven't found anything even close.

If you like Cuban food, there is a place in Soho called Havana which serves up tappas, but it's more of a fusion place, so it's not traditional. Never the less, it's still very good. They have fried sweet potatoes which reminds me a little bit of platanos.

I will keep checking though to see if anyone's found it...

Havana absolutely blows. I make my own arroz con pollo and gandules at home.

along that same note i miss costa rican food - haven't found any in hk.

I gotta agree with you about Havana's. While I'm here in HK I guess I have to stick to home cookin'.

Another thing that makes it so hard to cook Caribbean food out here is the lack of ingredients. I have to order stuff online to make it happen. We're not exactly close to Puerto Rico. I'd love to make some mofongo, but I have no idea where I can find plantains.

Mofongo?! Wow.. you really do know about PR food! I also have had no luck in finding plantanes. What is the name of the website that you order ingredients from? My only "connection" is my dad. He usually makes some sofrito and then ships it to me!

Actually, I only have seasonings sent over from Jamaica (E-Bay). I got my Sazon brought over from NYC, but there is a seller on Ebay who does carry it if you have no other way to get your hands on it. It would be relatively easy to make sofrito at home, but I guess it's nice to have your dad send it over.

I know this thread is old, but I just have to say, it's mind-blowing to think anyone knows anything about Puerto Rico as far as HK, hehe.