Jazz Combo for Wedding

Closed Thread

Jazz Combo for Wedding

Does anyone have a recommendation for a jazz combo that will play at wedding reception? I read recommendation of Allen Youngblood, checked out his video but found his style too jazzy.

Any other recommendation?

Allen is very versatile - he'll do pretty much anything you want; I'm sure he could put an appropriate combo together for "non-jazzy jazz" (whatever that is).

Not too sure what you mean by 'too jazzy'. Are you looking for more 'popular' jazz, like Michael Buble? If so, Ginger Kwan might be what you're looking for.

For something different, check out Azucar Latina (Freelance United Music_). They're definitely not jazz, but they do a nice mix of salsa, samba etc. They play every Thursday at Peel Fresco.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Allen is very versatile - he'll do pretty much anything you want; I'm sure he could put an appropriate combo together for "non-jazzy jazz" (whatever that is).
    Thanks, PDLM. I will get in touch with Allen. I'm not sure if I can afford him though . Maybe he can recommend other musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky:
    Not too sure what you mean by 'too jazzy'. Are you looking for more 'popular' jazz, like Michael Buble? If so, Ginger Kwan might be what you're looking for.

For something different, check out Azucar Latina (Freelance United Music_). They're definitely not jazz, but they do a nice mix of salsa, samba etc. They play every Thursday at Peel Fresco.
    Thanks Vinyl Junky. I'm not sure how I would describe the style of music that I was looking for. Yes, it's more like Michael Buble, Diana Krall, Ame Domnerus Group. Someone who would play 'Fly me to the moon' in a jazzy way.

I like Azucar Latina and I know Chris. They are a great band. But I don't think I would have that style of music at the banquet. Would prefer something more 'mellow' .