Business Lunch Place in/close to Wanchai

Closed Thread

Business Lunch Place in/close to Wanchai

Hi,
    I need to take some customers out to lunch after a meeting at their offices in Wanchai. However, I have no idea what a good place might be. I'm looking for something nice and clean and probably not more than 200 per person (i know someone will ask me that question). These will be local Kongers too so I'm not too sure if they'd prefer Western or Asian cuisine. Anybody have some experience entertaining in that area that would have a good recommendation?

Thanks!
    -P

Where abouts in Wanchai?

There are some good places in Sun Hung Kai center and Lockhart road has some good deals too.

$200 is a kings budget in Wanchai at lunch time.

Try Metropark Hotel, they have good buffet and reasonable too.

Really depends on the kind of customers I would say.

There are some decent, very reasonable (and fairly large) Dim Sum places in China Ressources Building.

As KIA said, all around Sun Hung Kai Center is good.

You could also go to Capital Building (175-191 Lockhart Rd), there is a Korean BBQ Restaurant and several Dim Sum places.
    Or try Tack Hsin Restaurant between Lockhart and Jaffe Road next to the overhead bridge.

Left and right along Lockhart Road there are several more decent places that fit your budget. Walk along number 40 to 100 (and look up!) and you will see at least two Thai places (one of them called Chili Club?). There is also a steak house somewhere at the corner.

The Dirty Duck Diner (can google it, Indonesian) would also be a very good choice. The same building has some more restaurants, I think mostly Chinese.

Most of the bars along Lockhart Road and Jaffe Road offer (Western) set lunch or buffet lunch . Some of them smell quite badly of beer and cigarette smoke from last night, but others are ok and offer decent seating and a good athmosphere.

All places mentioned should fit your budget.

Last edited by mjk; 27-09-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added info...

I would go the Wharney Hotel for yum-cha. It's the best in Wanchai and excellent service too.

Yeah. The Wharney has a good dim-sum... second that recommendation.

Even Better

Bulldogs Bar and Grill. above Joe bananas the food quality is excellent the srvice is good and the atmoshere is right for a business lunch

sweet. thanks for all the recs guys. i'll have to scout out some of these places.