Like Tree1Likes

Clubbing

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by limemartini:
    How do you just casually skip the que if you don't know the bouncers or the club owners. And do you know when prive is going to open? I've been waiting for them to open for such a long time now.
    Which club would you recommend that is a younger crowd for a girls night out (just me and friend)
    No chance of skipping the que if you don't know staff / bouncers / or have a table or friends with a table.

As for "younger crowd" can't go wrong with Azure, Hyde, Play, Volar. As to getting in to these places cause your just two girls (assuming your friend is a girl) you can probably get away with not having to pay or get ID'd (assuming you dont look like your 12yo ) else Azure is the only free entry place, with possibly Hyde being free too. Ignore Solas and insomnia as the crowd is generally Old(er). Dragon-i's crowd is mixed young and old but people are sum'ed up as generally "pretentious" + the new girl on the door is a right Biatch! Fly there is a generally younger "European" crowd, but I'm not a fan of the music there.

Not sure the new opening date as of yet for Prive as its been delayed, but once I know and if i remember to post up on here I'll do so.

Depends what night you plan to go out to due to possible events happening etc. Against my better Judgement most likely I'll be out from Thursday again....

Hyde is usually Free unless they have a big name DJ playing. It was certainly free last Friday, and it was dead.

What's the "crowdedness" status on these clubs?

Azure - Popular
    Prive - Yet to open
    Hyde - ?
    Play - Very popular
    Beijing Club - Very popular
    Magnum - ?
    Dragon-I - Popular
    Volar - Popular late late night

Quote Originally Posted by epicurean:

Azure - Popular
    Prive - Yet to open
    Hyde - ?
    Play - Very popular
    Magnum - ?
    Dragon-I - Popular
    Azure and Play i find are in general are the most crowded followed by Volar...although Volar its more crowded at like 3-4am. I tend not to go to Beijing, Magnum, Billion as the crowd is too local for my liking and from all my Girlfriends that have been there have stated that there's too many douches on the prowl.

Hyde is hit and miss, can be busy but it depends. Dragon-i is generally busy on a Friday but as stated the crowd ain't for everyone and that's assuming the Biatch on the door lets you in.

Ps. By crowded I mean you basically cant move...

Quote Originally Posted by dma:
    No chance of skipping the que if you don't know staff / bouncers / or have a table or friends with a table.

As for "younger crowd" can't go wrong with Azure, Hyde, Play, Volar. As to getting in to these places cause your just two girls (assuming your friend is a girl) you can probably get away with not having to pay or get ID'd (assuming you dont look like your 12yo ) else Azure is the only free entry place, with possibly Hyde being free too. Ignore Solas and insomnia as the crowd is generally Old(er). Dragon-i's crowd is mixed young and old but people are sum'ed up as generally "pretentious" + the new girl on the door is a right Biatch! Fly there is a generally younger "European" crowd, but I'm not a fan of the music there.

Not sure the new opening date as of yet for Prive as its been delayed, but once I know and if i remember to post up on here I'll do so.

Depends what night you plan to go out to due to possible events happening etc. Against my better Judgement most likely I'll be out from Thursday again....
    The last time I went to hyde in NYE, the crowd was pretty old kind of like Solas crowd but older but that's not to say there isn't a young crowd. I thought it was pretty boring there, people didn't dance and basically just stood there....
    As for Play, how strict are the bouncers?

What are some good bars/lounge for pre-gaming around the LKF besides the usual bars on the LKF strip?

Azure - Popular
    Prive - Yet to open
    Hyde - Rammed when Big name DJ's are on, from experience quiet when not.
    Play - Very popular
    Magnum - The one time i have been it was extremely busy but i was one of about 10 westerners in there so very local.
    Dragon-I - Popular
    Filled in the gaps from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by limemartini:
    The last time I went to hyde in NYE, the crowd was pretty old kind of like Solas crowd but older but that's not to say there isn't a young crowd. I thought it was pretty boring there, people didn't dance and basically just stood there....
    As for Play, how strict are the bouncers?

What are some good bars/lounge for pre-gaming around the LKF besides the usual bars on the LKF strip?
    Could have been an older crowd cause of NYE, cause normally its a pretty young crowd in my opinion. ie 20s-30s max. And I agree in most cases there's not huge amounts of people dancing but i does happen

RE: PLAY, I guess i'd say the bouncers are not as strict as beijing, magnum etc, but I been PLAY quite a bit and the bouncers recognize me by face, so not sure my comment is of huge help.

As for pre-gaming, it depends on whom and what the nights plan is. I'd normally drop by: CASA, Tazmania Ballroom, China Bar, La Bodega, maybe grab some Jello shots from The Keg or Stormies, and possible check Bisous to see if the crowds busy for coming there later as a possibility. Before you ask I cant recall if Bisous is free. I remember seeing people pay at the door, but i'm never payed to get in there as im permanently on the list with +s.

If your aiming for a little bit more up market, business like atmosphere, then i'd go Lily & Blooms.

Alternatively what i use to do was hit up Wan Chai, Lockhart Rd. Carnigies, Swindlers were the usual watering holes.

Are there any LKF-like clubs in Wanchai? I just know there are a few bars there.

Are there any LKF-like clubs in Wanchai? I just know there are a few bars there.
    Nope they all have live bands and are full of hookers.

Edit - So i'm told..........

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Nope they all have live bands and are full of hookers.

Edit - So i'm told..........
    I'd agree. Wouldn't want to enter anyway as its so obvious what kind of a place it is!

Leave the Clubbing to LFK. Wan Chai is only good for cheap drinks. Having said that, La Bodega should do 24 shots @ $350ish is i recall correctly. Use to be $300 but its more expensive now. Oysters just before casa do dirt cheap Long Island Ice Teas which are notoriously strong....although i heard since they changed management that there not as good any more.