Best Singapore Noodles

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The same can be said about "curry" if someone were to ask me where's the best curry in HK.

kia

which curry ? indian, malay, japanese?

Star Gazer : Lets not get too technical ...

First three questions that the expat crowd in HK tends to ask me ..

1) "where can I get a good curry"
    2) "know any place where I can hire cheap programmers"
    3) "where can I get a copy watch"

Go figure ... I've still not figured the answers for 2 and 3 ... 1 .. well, I'd say London.

True true, but the S'pore fried noodles served in Satay Inn is yummy, be it S'pore cuisine or HK/S'pore cuisine, who cares...it's just good food. Highly recommended!

I really miss that cheap jolly Indian restaurant in Queensway which I loved in my uni days...and the curry in Birmingham as well.....Yum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Star Gazer : Lets not get too technical ...
    not being technical but there is a difference between the three - the japanese being the sweeter variety.

i believe when curry is mentioned - it refers to the more popular indian curry.

no one tried the Sabah restaurant in wanchai? they serve quite nice malaysian/singapore cuisine.....

their hokkien fried noodle is very nice, and laksa too.

Perhaps the best Singapore noodles I've ever had was in the Grantham Hospital cafeteria in Aberdeen! I think most of the govt. hospitals in HK have staff canteens that sell huge boxes of Singapore noodles for like $30. Great value and it tastes great, too!

There are tons of places that serve up tasty singapore fried noodles. I have had so many that I can't begin to list them. For you white skin expats I suggest you stick to Maxims or the like unless you have yellow skin friends willing to take you to a local joint for a more 'natural' experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmail:
    And in my opinion, the best Singapore food can be found in
    (1) that Laksa place I mentioned
    (2) City Garden Hotel's Satay Inn

..............yummy!!!!

Yeah, City Garden Hotel's Satay Inn. I heard they opened a new restaurant at Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers, 33 Canton Road, China Hong Kong City, Tsim Sha Tsui.