• I don't 'do' news in the moring

1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree17Likes

Morning news

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe Jr:
    Still check Melbourne's The Age on-line - a habit of 9 years. If I'm honest, probably mainly for the 'feel good' factor - never fails to make me feel incredibly grateful to be living in HK
    Mr SS says the same about his local read.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

I bags the SCMP crossword first thing, mr Nfixit heads straight for the funnies....considering that they are both of the same page, we've learnt to compromise....

SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

I get my morning news from geoexpat. I prefer its neutral, objective and diplomatic style.

Natfixit, bookblogger and rani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Mr SS still checks the local NewsShopper rag online, we left UK 16.5 years ago.
    Hey me too!!

The missus.

The reports mostly detail the extent of my foolishness the previous day and are generally remarkably accurate.

Satay Sue, nobby15 and gunsnroses like this.

As I don't have a lot of time in the morning, but knowing the news is essential to my job, I read the SCMP.com, China Report (great one stop source for China news from many sources), Ft.com, WSJ.com.....

Google news is my one stop solution, plus Asia Times Online for the nitty gritty regional stuff.

I still read news from "home", Indiatimes.com (mumbai edition), Indianexpress.com(Mumbai edition), Rediff.com and some times the local hindi newspaper from my home town, News – Hindi News – India News - News in Hindi – News Headlines – Breaking News - Daily News - Hindi News Papers - Local News..
    Afternoon I read mid-day.com(Mumbai edition), which is a cheap tabloid and I really enjoy it .

Also, my missus was in a habit of switching on CNN/BBC as soon as she got up, till she left for work, but since the time we met, she stopped doing it, don't know why. Now she watches her local news online during her lunch break.

Last edited by gunsnroses; 21-05-2012 at 01:46 PM.

*Morning* news comes in the nightlife forum?
    In which case I do "do" morning news, as I normally take a squiz at Sydney Morning Herald's online early edition before going to bed - for much the same reason as JDjr reads the Age

At home, Bloomberg TV, on the way to the office, SCMP and Le Monde, at the office, WSJ/FT.

(and l'equipe, the French sports news paper :-))