• I don't 'do' news in the moring

1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree17Likes

Morning news

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Morning news

Where do you get your morning news from?

Online only (no TV): I start with CNBC followed by TheGlobeAndMail and then, if time permits (I hate to admit) Daily Mail.

East_coast likes this.

If its not happening within my field of sight, then it ain't news. But when I do bother... I use flipboard.

RTHK RSS news feed is usually 1st (plus a couple of other RSS feeds from other news sources that I read less often) following sometimes by Sky news (so long as there is a major breaking story). If I drive then RTHK 3 on the way otherwise SCMP. Also might peek at the Daily Mail but try not to...

bbc.co.uk for world
    hko.gov.hk for weather / wunderground.com for typhoons

BBC.co.uk
    Telegraph.co.uk
    Not a fan of the Mail but the telegraph seems to get more and more like it every day! Often leaf through other UK online news sources e.g Guardian and the Sun as it's interesting to see the different presentations of the same story!

Private Eye by paper, does that count?

I do actually miss having a physical newspaper to read each day though.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 20-05-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Google News - news.google.com - personalized for issues I'm following. Also flick between US, UK and Australian versions to see which are the leading stories. Anything interesting I'll follow up on with more detailed searches.

Several Google Alerts with specific search items which e-mail me interesting info.

Last but not least, morning teas with Mrs Doe after she's read the local papers and online forums/blogs ...

East_coast likes this.

A different question: How long did it take everyone until they stopped checking their 'local' news from 'home every day? For example, I have the Bucks Free Press, (High Wycombe, UK), bookmarked but I guess I have not clicked it for a year now! I simply don't care!

Mr SS still checks the local NewsShopper rag online, we left UK 16.5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    A different question: How long did it take everyone until they stopped checking their 'local' news from 'home every day? For example, I have the Bucks Free Press, (High Wycombe, UK), bookmarked but I guess I have not clicked it for a year now! I simply don't care!
    Still check Melbourne's The Age on-line - a habit of 9 years. If I'm honest, probably mainly for the 'feel good' factor - never fails to make me feel incredibly grateful to be living in HK
    Last edited by John Doe Jr; 20-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast