Friend visiting from states, Anything in Tai Wai to do?

Closed Thread

Friend visiting from states, Anything in Tai Wai to do?

I am supposed to meet him today in HK. I work in Shenzhen and know very little about HK, usually just small trips in occasionally and I've really only seen a few things in the area near Wan Chai. So tomorrow I need to go to Tai Wai to see him, but I really have no idea what to do or even how to get there. Like, what is the best choice for getting to Tai Wai? should I cross the border by ferry, train, subway or bus? should i have him meet me somewhere else? he is interested in partying rather than sightseeing which he will be doing with some family there. Any suggestions? please get back to me

Last edited by mLink; 09-11-2007 at 02:14 AM. Reason: sleepy mistakes

If its partying he is interested in then just meet in Central and head to LKF. Hop around the bars, find a club etc.

If it's "Wanchai" type entertainment then jump in a cab from LKF and go to Wanchai and have your feel of bars and hooker joints there.

Really depends on what "level" of clubbing your friend wants.

thanks, very right. That isn't my thing actually, I just was always brought to that area when i went for my visa So central is the place to go for some somewhat cleaner fun. Good to know

would you or anyone still up know the fastest way to get to tai wai from shenzhen?

i wud think KCR wud be the quickest way from tai wai to shenzen.

Couldn't be simpler. Take the KCR East rail from Lo Wu station to Tai Wai station. About 5-6 stops

Incidentally, there's a crusty old pub next to Tai Wai station called the Railway Tavern, in case you're interested.
    The Railway Tavern. 4 and 5, Ho Sze House Chik Luk Lane, Tai Wai, Tel: 2691 6500

Also Tai Wai is famous for chicken congee and roast piegeon
    One of the better restaurants serving both is

SUN KEUNG KEE
    Holford Garden, Chik Wan Street, Tai Wai,
    Shatin, N.T.
    TEL: 2606 1197

thanks for the info, i actually took the subway to huang gang anf then took the kcr from there. luohu would have been longer i think because i am at the window of the world, but thanks for the suggestion

I remember when I was younger, visiting HK, my cousins used to take me to a lot of video arcades in Tai Wai. That's if u and your buddy are into video games...

i do love a good game of house of the dead 4. maybe next time thanks for the info though. we just went to wan chai then central to lan kwai fong which was a lot of fun. can't believe i've never been there before. such a good time.