Auditons for a Drama

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Auditons for a Drama

Dear all,

For anyone who wants to participate in a Drama, please see below. It's going to be run by me and Krad from Geo. Looking to be pretty cool...
    ---------

LOOKING GLASS PRODUCTIONS ANNOUNCES AUDITIONS FOR “THE PILLOWMAN”

Looking Glass Productions is proud to announce open auditions on November 17 & 19 for its inaugural production of Martin McDonagh's black comedy “The Pillowman”

Set in an unnamed totalitarian country, “The Pillowman” tells the story of a writer named Katurian. A writer of grim children's fairy tales, Katurian suddenly finds himself dragged away and into an interrogation room, the prime suspect in a series of murders. Katurian soon finds himself being interrogated and brutalized by two detectives, Ariel and Tupolski. To make things worse, he finds out that his brother Michal has also been arrested, and he soon realizes that he faces a choice that will affect his destiny forever.

Auditions will take place November 17 & 19 at the Fringe Club Photogalerie Room B. Audition times are as follows:?
    Saturday November 17th, 3-5 PM
    Monday November 19th, 8-10 PM

Performances will take place March 25th – 29th.

To arrange an audition slot, please email [email protected] with your name, email, phone, and preferred audition time. Auditions will consist of readings from the script, but if you wish to present additional material, please prepare one monologue of two minutes or less.

We are currently casting for the following roles:

Katurian Age 25 – 35, Male. The main character of the show, a writer who finds himself trying to accused of a series of murders.

Tupolski: Age 35 – 50, Male. The lead detective, Tupolski conducts his interrogations with a mixture of sarcasm and curiosity. The “good cop”.

Ariel: Age 25 – 40, Male. Tupolski's partner. He is hot blooded and absolutely despises the criminal element. The “bad cop”

Michal: Age 30 – 40, Male. Katurian's brother. Suffered brain damage as a child, and so has a childlike demeanor. A bit slow.

The play also has four minor roles, which you may be offered based on your audition for the above roles.

Despite having no real acting experience, I was actually doing a bit of research and wondering whether I should have a go at this, when I noticed that the peroformance dats clash with the Sevens. Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    stuff
    Aiyaaa! I hate the 10 minute edit limit... What I meant to type was:

Despite having no real acting experience, I was actually doing a bit of research and wondering whether I should have a go at this (since I feel that I am rather good at "sarcasm and curiosity", when I noticed that the performance dates clash with the Sevens. Ooops.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Aiyaaa! I hate the 10 minute edit limit... What I meant to type was:

Despite having no real acting experience, I was actually doing a bit of research and wondering whether I should have a go at this (since I feel that I am rather good at "sarcasm and curiosity", when I noticed that the performance dates clash with the Sevens. Ooops.
    Yes indeed you would have played the role of Ariel well...

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    Yes indeed you would have played the role of Ariel well...
    Too old for that one though...

OOOOhhh--this looks like fun, but sadly no female roles. Let me know when you're doing your next one!

Quote Originally Posted by girlinmirror:
    OOOOhhh--this looks like fun, but sadly no female roles. Let me know when you're doing your next one!
    We have a female role but it is non-speaking. Throw me an email if interested.

hey,

I am quite interested and would love to audition, I had some theatre experience, but haven't done any theatre in last 6-7 yrs....but I am brown by color, would that be fine? as ur characters, I presume, are russian....

Hmmm....just purely out of curiosity....so if it's non-speaking....then what is that character, assuming she's not mute, suppose to do then in the play? Just stand there or something? *baffled*

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    We have a female role but it is non-speaking. Throw me an email if interested.

The resident lampshade?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast