Like Tree2Likes

Party near the beach

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Party near the beach

So my birthday is coming up in a week or so and I've been planning to have the party next to the beach at some bar/club where they have good music.

Anyone know of any?

The other option is to hit up LKF and go clubbing. the only problem is i need to find a club that allows guys to wear shorts (regular length shorts) because I am having a themed party.

Anyone have suggestions? thanks.

Shek O beach is pretty cool and there is a bar there playing European dance music and a very funky lit up pressure sensitive dance floor!

Quote Originally Posted by jd1234:
    Shek O beach is pretty cool and there is a bar there playing European dance music and a very funky lit up pressure sensitive dance floor!
    Do you know the name of the bar? That sounds really cool!

Zanzibar beach club (formerly old paradiso) - they have FB page

benbecker likes this.

How bout Lantau?

Welcome

Wow this place looks fantastic. Are you sure it is still there/open though? There is a bit in the website that makes reference to them being closed for the winter and "all the best for 2012". Also can't find any up to date reviews of it. Hope they're still operating

UPDATE

I went to the place in Pui O in Lantau today off the back of this thread in order to check it out (wife's birthday in a few weeks, trying to shortlist options ourselves). Key message: DON'T BOTHER with this place, it is very disappointing in many ways.

After ordering some lunch, I asked the manageress whether they took party bookings and what they were able to do in terms of making arrangements. I got a grumpy blunt and unhelpful response along the lines "we don't open in the evenings, so we can't do it". After further questions about things I'd seen on the website e.g. Dinning on the beach, she said "yeah I suppose we could, it's $100 per person charge" - that was it! No, "definitely, we can provide this at the following charge" or "so sorry, we're unable to do evenings but how about something in the afternoon", just pretty blunt responses! Just in case it was purely me, my wife went to order sone drinks and she got the same "unique customer service". There are plenty more hilarious quotes, especially considering this is someone who is running a business so one would assume she'd at least try to make a positive impression, even if for this particular request she wouldn't be able to help. Anyway, I gave up when it was clear she wasn't interested in my future custom.

The beach itself is much wider than Shek O but not as clean/nice in my opinion, and from my limited contact with the staff at Zanzibar, i think the Shek o option is infinitely friendlier and more helpful!

One final thought, I wonder whether this place has recently been taken over by this new manageress as everything about the place is nothing like the website. Would be interested in anyone else's recent experiences of this place as I was genuinely shocked and surprised by the manageress' attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1234:
    UPDATE

I went to the place in Pui O in Lantau today off the back of this thread in order to check it out (wife's birthday in a few weeks, trying to shortlist options ourselves). Key message: DON'T BOTHER with this place, it is very disappointing in many ways.

After ordering some lunch, I asked the manageress whether they took party bookings and what they were able to do in terms of making arrangements. I got a grumpy blunt and unhelpful response along the lines "we don't open in the evenings, so we can't do it". After further questions about things I'd seen on the website e.g. Dinning on the beach, she said "yeah I suppose we could, it's $100 per person charge" - that was it! No, "definitely, we can provide this at the following charge" or "so sorry, we're unable to do evenings but how about something in the afternoon", just pretty blunt responses! Just in case it was purely me, my wife went to order sone drinks and she got the same "unique customer service". There are plenty more hilarious quotes, especially considering this is someone who is running a business so one would assume she'd at least try to make a positive impression, even if for this particular request she wouldn't be able to help. Anyway, I gave up when it was clear she wasn't interested in my future custom.

The beach itself is much wider than Shek O but not as clean/nice in my opinion, and from my limited contact with the staff at Zanzibar, i think the Shek o option is infinitely friendlier and more helpful!

One final thought, I wonder whether this place has recently been taken over by this new manageress as everything about the place is nothing like the website. Would be interested in anyone else's recent experiences of this place as I was genuinely shocked and surprised by the manageress' attitude.
    o that sucks. well you know where not to go now. I've been contacting zanibar and waiting for some price quotes. hopefully it works out. I'll do a follow up if I do end up hosting my party there.

thanks so much for sharing and thanks everyone for the ideas!

There is the one place down the beach close to Palm Springs sports club and Lantau South fire station, they have tipis for kids but also nice BBQ facilities, you could check with them what they can arrange and the other part DIY

Phlebas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    There is the one place down the beach close to Palm Springs sports club and Lantau South fire station, they have tipis for kids but also nice BBQ facilities, you could check with them what they can arrange and the other part DIY
    Palm springs is nice but they are not "down the beach", they are a couple of beaches over (a few km away).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast