Like Tree2Likes

Craft Beer Pubs in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Kiwi_rice

Craft Beer Pubs in Hong Kong

Anyone know where can I found non-cheesy, crappy pubs in Hong Kong please? If they serve craft beer that will be a bonus!

Thanks,
    Tony

The Globe
    Trafalgar
    and the El Grande Bars (East End, HK Brew House, Cochranes, Slims, etc)
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 29-07-2012 at 12:23 AM.

I would add the White Stag, just next to/below the Trafalgar.

Kiwi_rice

Ooh, thanks!

The Globe, if you want the biggest selection, be it British, Australian, US, Japanese or Belgian craft beers. Also: Stone's, any of the Liquid Assets chains, those mentioned above. Low-cost, super-local option: Biere von Irene in Yuen Long. Chill option with a few Belgian beers in Peng Chau: the French cafe right in the center of town, 40 meters from the ferry.

hk frd likes this.

Kiwi_rice

Thanks guys! Now where could I find a drinking buddy....

Frites has over 75 Belgian beers on it's menu, they do not necessarily always have 75 beers in stock though as i found out on my last visit.

But, as I recall from my one and only visit there, Frites is also outrageously expensive (meaning about twice the price of other places, which sell Belgian beers for about $35-$45 per bottle).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    But, as I recall from my one and only visit there, Frites is also outrageously expensive (meaning about twice the price of other places, which sell Belgian beers for about $35-$45 per bottle).
    I agree, i have only been once also. From memory they were between $60-120 per bottle.

I just order all those Belgian beers that I like from the supplier here (you can do personal orders, and free delivery for orders over $800). Individual beers are 25-35 and 400-600 for a carton. Still expensive but worth it for me. Can also by fancy beer glasses from them. I seem to have a bit of a collection now. I just order a month or so's worth at a time, get some mates over and put on some music. Just got a carton of Trappistes Rochefort 10, damn it's good, dunno if I can make it last a month.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast