Cinemas Increase Ticket Price

Closed Thread

Major cinemas in HK will apply additional charge on ticket during christmas/new year

Major Cinema lines: Broadway, UA, MCL and GH will impose an additional charge of HK$5-10 per ticket from this thursday until new year. Their explanation is "the economy in HK is good so they want to increase the price for this holiday"

since the economy in HK so good, i decided not to go to cinema for this holiday. Dont really like the way they exploit the consumer.......

Welcome to Economics 101 - supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    but I am sure in Economics 201 we covered price fixing cartels

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Dont think this is applicable here.....since they always complain less people are going in the cinema and serious BT problem means the demand is declining, by fixing the price with the competitors, they are trying to exploit the demand further.Lower demand but increase the price??...

me and my friends were planned to have atleast one movie session in cinema during christmas but all of us are pissed of with the cinema and we decided not to go.

Ofcourse, there would be people go and pay for the extra charge.

but what i dont really like is the reason they gave. The PR in the cinema does not perform the job.The 10 bucks is not a big deal, but they spoilt the whole consuming experience.....

if they said they are facing increasing cost or suffer from declining audience so need to increase the price, i think it will be more "friendly" to the consumer....

by saying "because the econ is good, so they want to increase price" is simply a stupid way to deliver the message......it will annoy the consumers in HK who are already fustrated by the high inflation in the past few months......They didnt think of Kanu analysis.....??
    Last edited by links; 11-12-2007 at 04:17 PM.

It does seem rather exploitative - it's not as if per-patron costs will be higher at this time of year.

Anyway, I'm sure DVD prices won't increase because of the season...

Cinemas Increase Ticket Price

Received e-mail:

We would like to inform you that we the tickets price of our cinemas will be
    revised w.e.f from 13/12/2007 to 1/1/2008. For further details, please go
    to our webpage of ticketing info at our website www.amccinemas.com.hk .

AMC Cinemas

I know someone posted the information on this yesterday, but I could not find the thread.

So you decided to demonstrate your incompetence to the world (yet again) and post something with no new information anyway?

TW@!

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/major-...hk-t23914.html

PDLM, you are a real JERK. Give me another red dot for Christmas!

I can't: the system requires me to rate a lot of other people before I can rate you again.

Quote Originally Posted by redwriter:
    PDLM, you are a real JERK. Give me another red dot for Christmas!
    Red dots suit you though. Judging the amount of red dots you attracted over the last 2 days, maybe take onboard what's been expressed.

Grow up sport..