Looking for Board Game Players

Looking for Board Game Players

I found some older threads on this topic, but thought maybe I'd start fresh!

I moved here a year ago from the U.S. and one thing I miss is playing board games with a regular group of friends. In my "old life" we met once a week (wouldn't need to be that frequent though) and rotated hosting duties (providing drinks/snacks). Basically a group of 4-5 guys in their late 20s / 30s blowing off some steam.

I own a few games -- Agricola, 7 Wonders, and Tobago -- and would like to add a couple more to my collection. The trouble is, I have no one to play with.

If you have any experience playing (or even just a desire to play) the more "advanced" style of board games, I'd love to hear from you! In addition to what I listed above, I'm familiar with the following and more:

Pandemic
    Arkham Horror
    Shadows over Camelot
    Lord of the Rings
    Mystery at the Abbey
    El Grande
    Agricola
    Settlers of Catan
    Puerto Rico
    Power Grid
    Carcassone
    Ideology: The War of Ideas
    Munchkin

You get the idea -- I'm not really interested Scrabble, Monopoly, and the like.

Hoping to get some responses!

I'm in the same boat as your are, love to play board games but don't know anyone who plays them. I own ghost stories and mage knight to add to thecollection

Meetup has a couple very active boardgame groups in Hong Kong. You guys should check it out. I know they play at least 3-4 of those names mentioned

Many boardgamers also enjoy Backgammon - there is one of those in meetup as well.

We have an entire cabinet of those kind board games. We just moved to HK a couple months ago so have no one to play with either. Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks Mobile1346322399.380785.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  48.5 KB

Me and my husband are really keen to do this, sounds great, we have played some of the games you mentioned but some we gave not heard of!