Speed Dating? Is there such a thing in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    Ha ha I know her. Got her name and number if you want it
    I'll need an introduction first though! hehe

Yes agreed with the others on high maintenance for the local girls, The single local guys are getting wives and girlfriends from the mainland for that reason alone.

I guess thats why the original poster is interested in speed dating. all the guys are with Philippina's, Indonesians or less materialistic mainland girls.

Or maybe speed dating is just a faster way of weeding out the poor guys

how much do you make...next
    what kinda car...next
    will you give me your credit card...next

Maybe this should be stencilled on local girls HKID's...

Name:  MarriageSign.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  Visa.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  61.1 KB

Could not agree with you more Sylvesterjay!

Jimbo, I can tell you that 360 is a great place to meet some hot Filipina PRs in HK. At least that is what I have been told...

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    Could not agree with you more Sylvesterjay!

Jimbo, I can tell you that 360 is a great place to meet some hot Filipina PRs in HK. At least that is what I have been told...
    Now you've gone and told everyone! grrrr

And also not forgetting the locals tend to be a bit of a

In all seriousness...ya i know, what a rarity for me eh...for the women reading this that are looking to find a nice guy, I shall give you some advice...Don't be a high maintenance pain in the ass!!!

Be down to earth, don't be neurotic, insecure and demanding. Be confident in yourself (guys like that, well western guys anyway), show him you are interested in him, actually REPLY to calls, emails and sms's and be willing to spend some money on him too. If you're willing to pamper him too, that will go a long way to showing him that you care about him as a person and not just interested in what is in his pants...and by that I mean his wallet.

Guys have fragile ego's, as if you didn't know that already. Girls think playing hard to get is cute, fun and the guy "proves" that the girl is worth it. Well newsflash Einstein, guys can't tell the difference between when a girl is playing hard to get or when she's blowing him off. So if you play hard to get, don't be surprised if he thinks you aren't interested and goes somewhere else.

...oh, and let us not forget the most important factor: the law of supply and demand. You girls are in a buyers market, no guy is gonna put up with your crap, not even in the slightest, when there is a plethora of hotter, sexier, more together women out there.

Last edited by ReverendJay; 23-01-2008 at 01:16 PM.

I don't agree with you. lol

HK women are great if can get past the first date and pass it. Over time they get over the early tests, and just want to make sure that you are serious about them. Some of you aim very high, with no hope of getting some types of women, and then you blame them because you got rejected. Its funny as, to see guys who think they can get the beautiful girl, but in reality they have no hope of getting what they think locally.

HK women do the high fence facade initially as a form of inbuilt psyche test, to see what you're about. Gweilo's and externally born Chinese, have a bit of a reputation, trying to notch up the gun belt so to speak, and because of that rhetoric, the local women set up a pretty good first impression defense strategy, weeds out the losers who just want easy sex..

And if most of the men they stumble across are losers just looking for sex, they arent willing to make that mistake.

Good on them I reckon.

Respect that they are actually smarter at this game than you, because you fail to get around the obstacles, and just give up. Who's fault is it really, yours or theirs ?

If you had a bit of dating initiative , you'd work out the rules and comprise the right method.

Go out and buy a cheap used 70's MG-B convertible , get some decent cloths and get fit, and maybe rent a water side 700ft2 village house in Shek O near the beach, instead of rote expected central, rent will be the same, but a lot more interesting talking point. Make yourself interesting. Learn to play the guitar or something, be John Travolta charismatic, and conversationally intelligent, and never mention sport.

This crap that its all HK womens fault is a load of rubbish....

Its not their fault you don't know how to play the game. The very fact you choose to live in the most materialistic city on the planet, just mind boggles me that you cant integrate into the dating status quo. remember its 2008, dating culture has changed globally, its not just HK, and sadly for some men, their appearance leaves a lot to be desired. Blame Cleo magazine and the like lol.

So pick your sorry ego's off the floor, get over your mid life crisis, and be a better man in your approach, because your approach doesn't work.

I find it rather amusing, most of you here earn more than enough, but your current lifestyles choices are severely limiting your chances.

Maybe take a good look in the mirror, and ask yourself, would you date yourself ?

Look around next time when in LKF or Knutsford, or where you frequent, and pay close attention to any men who do have local HK girls hanging off them.

Learn by the example of others, and make some changes in your life, and your dating success will increase exponentially.

I hate quitters who just give up, and then blame everybody else for their lack of assertiveness.

There is nothing hard about this, if you are willing to make some personal improvements, that fit in with the local dating culture.

Last edited by Skyhook; 23-01-2008 at 01:24 PM.

you hit the nail on the head..."don't know how to play the game" well why do i wanna play any games? games are for losers. see my previous quote on supply and demand, I don't need to put up with any games. And I found a great low maintenance girl that doesn't play games, oh ya and she's a Philippina

I love how this thread is turning into Misanthropes Anonymous. Maybe if you stopped comparing girls to cars, you might have a bit better time of it.

Not that I'm agreeing with Skyhook since his mentality seems to be "CONFORM! CONFORM! Don't be yourself because "Yourself" is ugly!"

Also, why do I get the feeling the only experience you guys have ever had with local HK girls has been in LKF?

Krad, I met my missus in Sai Kung at a BBQ with some mutual work friends. Isn't that the best way ? I don't live in central, or live that LKF bar hopping lifestyle, no interest to me, or necessary in area's of meeting great women. And krad, if there is no conformity at play, why arent the guys who are complaining here kicking goals with the girls ? I wonder why? Maybe by being themselves its about as affective as wearing dog do do aftershave. lol

And for the record, I think I have been to LKF maybe 15 times in 7 years. Gives you an idea of my interest in the location.
    If we go to the island to socialize, we prefer to hang out in Stanley on the promenade with other couples.

And Sylvesterjay, the game comment was a figure of speech, not for you to get sensitive toward,

Hearing some of you go on about HK women like you have, I wont be party to, as my experience has been completely different.

Its up to you how you appear to women, either you have a really bad personality, really bad breath, or you dress inappropriately.

Australian women are no different back home, I hear the same types of men complain there, because they don't/won't understand todays dating culture..

Last edited by Skyhook; 23-01-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast