Like Tree38Likes

Skyfall & 30 minutes advertisement

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I am trying to book tickets for 6th evening show, I looked at UA cinema in CWB and Tai Koo Place, but apparently they only have matinee shows...wtf!!!
    Probably because the cinemas are putting on a huge number of screenings for Skyfall and the other films are indie or have been on for a couple of weeks so they have pushed them into the early times.

methosb, I am trying to book tickets of skyfall, if they are putting up huge number of screenings for it then why the hell I can't book it....

Maybe they sold out (and the website takes them off when they are full) or maybe they are little cinemas, or maybe the buildings close early for some reason. I usually go to The Grand and it has almost like 30 screening times tomorrow for each weekend day and hardly any times for the other films. Also, they are all almost sold out, couldn't find a decent seat tomorrow at I time I can go

I can't see any listings for the 6th at Tai Koo anyway. Do they usually have them so far in advance. Usually they only have 3 or 4 days in advance. You probably just have to wait until the schedule is updated.

ohh, may be that's the case...you can't get a listing for so many days in advance or something.
    I might as well go down there and see if I can buy from the advance counter. (so old school)

I thought the UA cinema in CWB (Times Square) was closed as well. Which is good cause that place was a shit hole.

If I were you I'd make the trek to KLN side and see it at one of the IMAXs or The Grand Manhattan Galaxy theatre. Or even go to AMC in Admiralty.

gunsnroses likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    30mins is standard in Australia for as long as I can remember, just means you add 30mins to the start time so you dont have to sit through them
    Sucks to be Aussie cinema fan then . The ads in Canada and US (or the UK prior to this) are usually much shorter. I don't mind the trailer for other movies (some trailers I actually enjoy watching-if it is a film I anticipate) as much as the ads which you can watch on TV.

Anyway, I'm going to see Skyfall tonight at the AMC Festival Walk, I'll time the ads to see how long it is. If indeed it last 30 mins or more, I'll organize a mob to burn down the cinema for you. .
    Last edited by Watercooler; 01-11-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    methosb, I am trying to book tickets of skyfall, if they are putting up huge number of screenings for it then why the hell I can't book it....
    Going to watch it in 3 hours , bought the tickets last night online (Kowloon side though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Going to watch it in 3 hours , bought the tickets last night online (Kowloon side though)
    May the bad guys in the movie are all French...

(sticking my tongue out)
    Mat and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I saw it last week, AND had assigned seating.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast