Like Tree38Likes

Skyfall & 30 minutes advertisement

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Skyfall & 30 minutes advertisement

There is a news that in SKYFALL fans forced to sit through THIRTY minutes of adverts before movie even starts

Check http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

Will they show advertisements in Hong Kong also ?

They can complain all they want, but if the cinema chain wants to supplement its business with some ads. so we can still enjoy the cinematic experience, then so be it. The alternative is that they close down and go the way of the dodo bird, like Drive Ins. Tough business the cinema game, as venue costs must be difficult if affordable ticket costs are to be offered, so let them have some adverts... I remember as a child that when going to the cinema they had at least 15 minutes of Pearl & Dean advertising before a feature film, so what's the big deal ?

gunsnroses likes this.

The showings are being scheduled 2hr40 or 2hr45 apart at Palace IFC, and the run time of the film is advertised as 2hr23, so clearly not.

Having said that, it seems to be one long ad anyway. Which idiot had Bond drinking Heineken instead of martinis?

Watched it in the UK last week, yep LOTS of advertisements, mainly around products in Skyfall (i.e. Sony, Heineken, etc). I think it was about 25 mins of ads and 5 mins of trailers and then the movie started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Having said that, it seems to be one long ad anyway. Which idiot had Bond drinking Heineken instead of martinis?
    3rd of the budget of the movie was covered by marketing tie ins.
    So either you had a big budget action movie or a snooze fest.

And Bond does drink a martini in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Watched it in the UK last week, yep LOTS of advertisements, mainly around products in Skyfall (i.e. Sony, Heineken, etc). I think it was about 25 mins of ads and 5 mins of trailers and then the movie started.
    do you mean there are scenes where Bond using these products in Movie...
    Can't believe James Bond is also a marketing person in his movie

Its really bad time for US and EU, bond turns marketing guy now.
    Last edited by vroom; 31-10-2012 at 11:36 PM.

It's been that way for several movies now, getting more and more blatant each time.

Quote Originally Posted by vroom:

They were plugging Rolex as far back as Dr No.
    Omega from Goldeneye onwards.

So it's not as if its anything new

Quote Originally Posted by vroom:

Well there was lots of product placement in the movie, but that is nothing new at all. Esp considering Sony Pictures produce the movie, there were lots of Sony products in the movie.

But what I mean is that before the movie there was about 25 mins of adverts, mostly revolving around the companies that had paid for product placement in the movie itself (I suspect part of the product placement deal was that they get x minutes of adverts before the movie in the cinema, in the UK anyway).

Well atleast there's no "interval" to show these ads...one can always walk in the hall little later and avoid the ads if one so pleases..

But I love ads before movie in cinema hall...reminds me of childhood experience...and I feel robbed if there's no ad and NO Trailers...

East_coast and jimbo like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast