Like Tree4Likes

Any good recent local HK flicks? Last good one you saw?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Not a recent flick, but since we are talking about HK flicks, I remember the movie "Fist of Legend" starring Jet Li. He was in his prime, and probably displayed the best fight scene of all his movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pum6mVfW8x0

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    Try watching the movie Election. Nice movie in hk, in line with infernal affairs

Sent from my GT-I9305 using GeoClicks Mobile
    The sequel is even better!

That said, the good old days are over for HK movies, too much pleasing the Mainland-censors and market nowadays. One of the worst was that "Bodyguards and assassins" movie about Sun Yat-Sen in early 1900's Hong Kong, with 50% of the roles in Mandarin...

Come on then what's wrong with Nightfall Mr Guns eh eh?

Not crime related but Echos of the Rainbow and A Good Life were pretty decent HK movies.

Election was indeed not too bad in the police/gang style.

Going for Cold War next week. Let ser.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Not crime related but Echos of the Rainbow and A Good Life were pretty decent HK movies.

Election was indeed not too bad in the police/gang style.

Going for Cold War next week. Let ser.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile
    a good life is a depressing, yet accurate film about decline of life in an old person's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Yeah the Infernal Affairs trilogy was pretty good. But it was a while ago. I remember the Hollywood remake of it, "The Departed" and the Oscar announcers said the movie was originally a Japanese movie. HK movies get not respect, hahaha.

As for recent HK flicks. It's tough I can't really recall seeing any good ones. But are there any good recent local flicks to recommend?
    Did your copy of trilogy have both the individual movies as they were release + the movie in chronological format?

Not new, but I saw Protégé this year on dvd, I thought it was pretty good

Chinese Zodiac, new Jacky Chan flick is coming out on 12-12-12. It's supposed to be his last action film where he does his own stunts.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    a good life is a depressing, yet accurate film about decline of life in an old person's home.
    Indeed, it is and for once Andy Lau does have an acting job.

Life Without Principle is a good flick, seen it recent, very unconvential for hk standatrds, has elements of snatch, ie, multi events with different people inconnected around single principal

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    Chinese Zodiac, new Jacky Chan flick is coming out on 12-12-12. It's supposed to be his last action film where he does his own stunts.
    Not a HK flick though, Mainland production, fully spoken in Mandarin and script was heavily restricted to their usual censorship rules. Unfortunate as it was billed originally as a sequel to the Armor of God movies.