Like Tree5Likes

Fun, inexpensive team building activities in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

some people - me for example - may find hiking quite dull. You need a good mix of activities and with the option for some people to not take part if they feel intimidated. For example, the old aunty might not feel comfortable playing volleyball but would have fun cheering from sidelines.

failing that, take trebor's advice. best team building I ever did in HK was an afternoon/evening in the pub on the company's tab. wasn't chea p though/

Last edited by shenwen; 13-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    closedcasket likes this.

Not exactly inexpensive, but Outward Bound also does a lot of corporate stuff that is fun and challenging.

Collect everyone's mobile phones and allow them to pack only one small backpack of what they think are essential items.

Hire a sampan in Sai Kung to take you to some small uninhabited island. Divide the group into 2 to 3 teams...and there you have it your own version of Survivor...really cheap.

Please set up webcams to transmit to us live....thanks. (Perhaps we'll send care packages to our favorites....spears, dynamite, cuttlefish, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusR:
    I am starting a company in Hong Kong that has a mix of employees - short term expats on assignment to start the company, a few long term expats from the industry here, a few mainland Chinese, and more and more native Hong Kong residents. The age range is pretty broad (20-60 or so) and we have roughly an even mix of men and women.

What are some fun and inexpensive 'team building' or social activities you have experienced that would bring a group like this together?
    40+ Majhong
    Below 40 Shopping.

More seriously are u into the physical sort of event or more social?

If physical but not hardcore and just fir fun a relatively inexpensive (below 20k for a total of 20+ people) is to create a Dragon Boat team and join the fun end of June in Stanley.

Else you also have airsoft games or the usual rent for a day a village camp / few 'bungalows' (sai kung..) bring everyone there and mix plenty of activities.

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks Mobile

i see that this post was made on Oct, 2012.. not sure whether u will like to get more advices..
    what is your budget by meant of "inexpensive"? and,.. to be frank.. better to do this during weekday.. No staff interested in giving up their Sat / Sun for such..

I held some sort of team building activities in my last company.. there are choices may find suitable..
    1) Ocean Park (let's check the rate that s/b in approx. $250 or not more than $300.. let's meet @ Admiretly and head to OP together)

or) Art jamming..
    There are a lot of them.. U may go to their gallery having fun time together; or call them bringing all materials to your office doing so (but hard, as the oil painting stuff can easily dirt your office)
    choice (a) Oscary - https://www.facebook.com/Oscary.wine...ref=ts&fref=ts
    choice (b) Boom - https://www.facebook.com/Oscary.wine...f=ts#!/boom.hk

set a sort of prize for a competition or so to gain their collabration during the actitives.. great fun..