meet some assorted music lovers get together on friday

Closed Thread

meet some assorted music lovers get together on friday

When I first moved here I hung out with a really cool lady and she told me her dream was to have a nice african nightclub. She made one on Peel St. (Pele Gai,) Makumba. It is nice and classy with a wide assortment of nibbles and drink. Also, two years ago one my friends asked me if my husband would like to join a band. They did and perform ska, samba, with touch of latin mixed in. On Friday a few English expats, a few Americans, some Aussies are getting to together to hear the band. But we will also looking for some fresh faces. Who like dancing, eating drink, and at last enjoying awesome HK weather. Would like to meet anyone up for going to shows and concerts around Asia. we would also like to meet anyone else interested in starting bands or adding to the live music scene here in town.

Friday ,8pm, Makumba, Peel St (Pele Gai)

Colette

Last edited by colette; 20-02-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Guys,

A word of warning... the singer with the house band in Makumba is so gorgeous that I know of three people (I being one of them) whose wives stormed out and went home during (separate) evenings there because the guys in question couldn't take their eyes off her.

You will need considerable self-control if you go there with your wife (hard after a few Windhoek beers)!

Last edited by PDLM; 20-02-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Wink Alma Kante

The diva is on hiatus in Africa. She will be back soon. She is so sweet in person I could not imagine being jealous of her. The band at Makumba on Friday is a little known very peppy band called Transnoodle. A bunch of blokes so your wife can stay and have drinks.

I'm a bit late for the friday night bash, but the place sounds interesting. Does the band play every friday? One of my main intentions on moving here was getting involved in the music scene & i haven't quite got round to it yet. any more gatherings at Makumba??

Wow, they have a house band now? When I used to go there (back in '06), it was still Nzingha Lounge and all they had was a couple of turntables. I remember the power to the tables cutting out a couple of times too. Sounds like I need to drop back in there at some point. Then again, I've rerouted my bar funds toward gadget purchases, so maybe not.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 26-02-2008 at 10:43 PM.

Smile Makumba, Gecko

Thursday at gecko there is a band. There is an Underground on Saturday where they showcase many live bands. And the whole Makumba thing with Transnoodle was great. They will be playing there again. The two regular bands for Makumba will be back soon and they are excellent. Also, there is always room for more live music here. So go out and start something.

Colette