Wedding Bands

Closed Thread

Wedding Bands

Hi there... Anyone have any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced band that could do a wedding? I've checked out a couple between 15k to 20k for 3 hours, I think we are OK with that range... Something jazzy/blues would be probably best... Thanks

There is a band that play for Neptune 3 which seems to be quite good
    have you tried them?

Will google it to see if I can find their name... thanks for the tip! I am not actually in HK... yet... still looking for a job from up here in China else I'd head to Neptune 3, and check em out...

The house band of the FCC (Jazbalaya) does weddings and plays jazzy/bluesy stuff. Contact Allen Youngblood and I'm sure he could put something together to meet your requirements. The last email I had for him was [email protected]

(As an aside, Neptune 3 is basically a brothel, so "discretion is advised". But the bands there and those in several similar places in Wanchai are excellent. Not sure if they're allowed time off to do weddings though - my suspicion is that they're under exclusive contract.)

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 30-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Thank you... Well if Allen's last name has anything to do with his taste, as in Jesse Colin Young and his band the Youngbloods, they should be good!! I will drop them a mail and google around a little.

And thanks for the heads up. It is mostly a Chinese style wedding, I am from Boston and will have maybe two tables out of the 25. The rest are her family and father's work chums.

Nice, from Wikipedia:

In the basement is Bert's Bar, named after the late Bert Okuley, long time FCC member and jazz pianist. Bert's features live jazz several nights each week, often with the house band under the leadership of Musical Director Allen Youngblood. The pool table in Bert's also hosts annual 8-ball and 9-ball tournaments and is the home table of teams playing in local leagues of both codes.

you can also ask Makumba, the African Lounge in LKF, to rent their band. Really great entertainers if you want people to dance

thanks Cookie for the rec. will probably check them out sometime on my own. unfortunately in our HK wedding I'm afraid their wont be much dancing. saving that for the one I'm organizing back in Boston ;-)

Another band to check out is 9th State

http://www.9thstate.com/menu.htm

Thanks to you too Rani. Seems a little too rock style for the audience I feel but if nothing else I am getting excited to get into a city that at least has somewhat of a music scene. Dalian, China, where I am now, has about two Filipino bands that play at the same old venues every night.