help an american find the right clubs to check out?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by cloudybay:
    Yes, the rebate hopefully eased up the consternation of having her being ided as a working girl
    No consternation on my part (or her's). She is young, beautiful and drinking in Wan Chai - easy assumption to make. I don't look down on the working girls anyway, rather talk to them than most bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I don't look down on the working girls anyway
    You must have met some much taller than average working girls then!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You must have met some much taller than average working girls then!
    just normally lying on the floor by that stage

LOL, hahhahaa

memberships

Trebor, the whole membership thing in HK is a bit complicated. Some places it's about paying and others it's about knowing someone etc..

Here's my breakdown based on things I've pieced together.

Drop - helps to know someone (and I hate to say it) be female. I got membership with some of my female friends last year simply by speaking to the management. Other I've heard have had to pay for the privilege.

Prive - I believe you have to pay (something like 15,000 a year which you get back in alcohol?)

Dragon I - it's about who you know?

Mint - pay. About 6,000 from memory

Kee club - know someone (and pay?)

Feather boa - probably someone you know..(?) this place is somewhat notorious for being racist.

Volar - I have no idea. If anyone knows let me know - I quite like the music there.

Some people really get pissed off when they can't get in somewhere. On one view I agree - the elitism, materialism and looksism (?) around here etc is a bit sickening at times, but the thing to remember is not to take it too personally - often these places are just too packed. I lump it in as part of the HK experience unfortunately. (Just about everyone has been rejected at drop at some point hehe - myself included)

Thanks for the info, i got into dragon-i back in feb as my friend new a 'member' but didnt think much of the place.

Maybe ill try my luck at some of those places you list one weekend.

thanks for the rundown. ironically, volar is the only one that i have an 'in' with (friend of friend)....which is moot right now since i'm still in nyc=)

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    Trebor, the whole membership thing in HK is a bit complicated. Some places it's about paying and others it's about knowing someone etc..

Here's my breakdown based on things I've pieced together.

Drop - helps to know someone (and I hate to say it) be female. I got membership with some of my female friends last year simply by speaking to the management. Other I've heard have had to pay for the privilege.

Prive - I believe you have to pay (something like 15,000 a year which you get back in alcohol?)

Dragon I - it's about who you know?

Mint - pay. About 6,000 from memory

Kee club - know someone (and pay?)

Feather boa - probably someone you know..(?) this place is somewhat notorious for being racist.

Volar - I have no idea. If anyone knows let me know - I quite like the music there.

Some people really get pissed off when they can't get in somewhere. On one view I agree - the elitism, materialism and looksism (?) around here etc is a bit sickening at times, but the thing to remember is not to take it too personally - often these places are just too packed. I lump it in as part of the HK experience unfortunately. (Just about everyone has been rejected at drop at some point hehe - myself included)

C, when are you coming down to HK? Volar is great - it has a House/electronic room and and R&B room.

I should add that with most (but not all) clubs you can often get in if you get there early enough, are 'presentable' and polite, even if you are not a member.

Quote Originally Posted by muse07:
    C, when are you coming down to HK? Volar is great - it has a House/electronic room and and R&B room.

I should add that with most (but not all) clubs you can often get in if you get there early enough, are 'presentable' and polite, even if you are not a member.

going early- i need my nap before going out!! =)

over here, i usually have a contact/doorguy that i know...or if i get to a place where i know no one, telling the door guy bottle service please usually works. unfortuntely this didn't work when i was at prive at 1.30am...(unless of course bottle service doesn't mean the same thing in hkg?)

i'm supposed to be there midjune- waiting on one of two options- i get laid off/nice severace pkg, or the firm that's taking over gives me a decent offer for the hkg office...if the latter occurs then i'm on their timeline, but from the looks of it, both eventualities = mid-late june time!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4