Ice Bar Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Ice Bar Hong Kong

Someone told me the other day that there is an Ice Bar here in HK but they didnt know the address. I googled it but could seem to get a definite answer. Found a website with an address but it seemed old and out of date. I have been to 4 Ice Bars around the world so if there is one here i would like to add it to my collection.

Does anyone know if there is one here and where it is?

I'm not sure precisely what you mean - but there are at least three bars in HK with vodka freezers. The Balalaika bar/restaurants in Lan Kwai Fong and Knutsford Terrace both have a freezer, as does Ivan the Cossack, on the escalator. Of the three, I would strongly recommend Balalaika in LKF...

Ice Bar are bars where everything is made of ice (bar, tables, seats, glasses etc) and serve lots of Vodka

check out absolut.com/icebar

I looked up Balalaika and that seems to be pretty much the same thing. Will check it out. Thanks

Don't expect anything like that in HK - what we have here are small, not very cold, "freezer rooms". They are standing room only. The glasses are made of ice. They supply fur coats for people without natural insulation. Nobody stays in them for more than 5-10 minutes.

Yes, nothing like the Ice Bars in Dubai or Sydney. Wouldn't even bother with the freezers in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The glasses are made of ice.
    Really? I feel cheated. The few times I've been there (and in the freezer room) the glasses have been made of glass.

As for the original description of seats, tables etc. etc. made of ice - not likely in Hong Kong.

Well maybe I'm mistaken, because I've only been a couple of times (under duress) but I'm pretty sure the glasses were ice in Ivan the Kozak at least.

But basically these places just very small rooms kept at about -2 to -5 degrees. Quite pokey (the one in Ivan the Kozak isn't high enough for a tall person to stand up straight), and really much over-rated. Don't go out of your way.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I'm not sure precisely what you mean - but there are at least three bars in HK with vodka freezers. The Balalaika bar/restaurants in Lan Kwai Fong and Knutsford Terrace both have a freezer, as does Ivan the Cossack, on the escalator. Of the three, I would strongly recommend Balalaika in LKF...
    Just went by Balalaika the other day and it looks like it is shut down. Or a remodel? didn't stop long enough to look.

Quote Originally Posted by smelly:
    Just went by Balalaika the other day and it looks like it is shut down. Or a remodel? didn't stop long enough to look.
    It is indeed.