Any Indie Bars?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yes, on the underground.next one this sat 28th.

Indie Bars

Don't know how long you'll be in town, but this Sat 28th Underground has another show at The Cavern.

Also this Sat, Saturday Night Jazz Orchestra at The Fringe Club.

July 5th there's HK Live at The Fringe Club.

Check out Peel Fresco Music Lounge on Peel Street in Soho area, they have music there on most nights. Usually jazz and blues.

Or check out The Wanch in Wan Chai, they have loud rock n' roll there pretty much every night.

Or Makumba on Peel Street, they have Thierry Faha and his African band plays there every Friday and Saturday.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongPaddy:
    hey everybody! thanks for the recomendations

i've been here 5 days know and been out on the town for three of them and i think the closest i've got to live music is a cover band in fenwicks in wan chai, although i suppose the instrumentalist at head kandi could be counted to!

just so that i'm clear is the underground a night that they have at the cavern? i went past there the other night and its seemd pretty cool, the website seems to be saying the right stuff aswell!

if any of you folks fancy meeting up one night for a nit of live music and a few drinks then just et me know!

live music

Hey gang,

good to hear that there is an interest in live music. If you guys are ever interested in a show, just let me know. I'm always in for live music. Love the Fringe, hate to admit that I've never made it to an Underground event.... terrible as a musician myself....

Being from Manchester, I love indie music above all! Of course you can get involved with the live bands scene but I know that what you're really craving is a bar to kick back in and drink and beer and listen to some classic indie rock and then get drunk and DANCE to it. Well, there are ample small bars with good juke boxes (my saviour) such as The Globe on Hollywood, Old China Hand and Bull and Bear, both in Wan Chai but there's no dancing to be had. I would love the live band places to have an indie DJ prior to the gig. Solas has a DJ from Manchester (ex-hacienda) and I think he spins some classic indie on Thursdays (not sure if it's every week) and does a good mix set of dance and indie when he plays the weekend.

Personally, I've succumbed to the dark-side that is dance music and have really gotten into that scene now. It manages to have the tinest bit of 'edge' that I'm looking for. Anythings better than the crap they play in LKF, right??

I'm in for a few drinks & some decent music

Quote Originally Posted by goodbye kitty:
    Being from Solas has a DJ from Manchester (ex-hacienda) and I think he spins some classic indie on Thursdays (not sure if it's every week) and does a good mix set of dance and indie when he plays the weekend.
    Well this sounds promising, though I checked out their event schedule and at least this week doesn't sound like it is a goer. I too really miss a decent dance to good indie tunes and have to suffice with taking over the jukebox at my local bar in Sai Kung - still no dancing though. Thought about starting up a group who is into indie stuff and having listening parties at people's houses until such time that it was clear there were enough people to actually make a club night work. It has been impossible lately to have time to organise anything so if someone else wants to take up the idea - go for it!

nice nice bars