Like Tree62Likes

Facebook makes you sad with envy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Facebook makes you sad with envy

A new study suggests that people who spend time looking at the acquaintances enjoying life of facebook are sad with envy.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0069841

Conclusion from the above report

"The human need for social connection is well established, as are the benefits that people derive from such connections [30]–[34]. On the surface, Facebook provides an invaluable resource for fulfilling such needs by allowing people to instantly connect. Rather than enhancing well-being, as frequent interactions with supportive “offline” social networks powerfully do, the current findings demonstrate that interacting with Facebook may predict the opposite result for young adults—it may undermine it."

People naturally share happy moments on Facebook (and a lot more besides)

Do you get sad when using Facebook?

Makes sense. I call it brag book.

Titus likes this.

Facebook is the anti-Christ. I don't get sad from facebook because I don't have an account.

Xenophobic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Facebook is the anti-Christ. I don't get sad from facebook because I don't have an account.
    That makes two of us, and I also don't have a clue how to use Twitter.
    Xenophobic likes this.

Irs useful for keeping in touch with overseas family and friends. Like geo friends often post funny or interesting links. Hard to see why it garners such passion in either direction to be honest.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app

INXS, usehername, bibbju and 2 others like this.

I have several accounts. I have a 'private' one which I never use, not sure I remember the password and several related to my business.

My main school account is used to keep in touch with my student's parents and I find it much more effective than email or the phone! We also use Whassap frequently for dictation and word pronunciation.

Obviously we project an image on our Facebook that we want our users to see and, being a kindergarten, we keep it clean and politics free.

We are running a summer course and have a group for that....I believe that it's more useful than our website...

I pay to bump up posts quite often and it's very effective....

I'm a fan!!!

virago and Titus like this.

I can see where this article is coming from. My missus has deleted her Facebook account as when her depression start to set in, reading Facebook made it worse for her.

Like inxs, I'm a fan too for business.

It's very good to keep in touch with customers and also to attract new ones.

Run promotions and offers. Makes enough to pay for advertising and office space each month.

Though their advertising platform is difficult to use.

Sent from somewhere....

Last edited by virago; 17-08-2013 at 07:30 PM.

I didn't even have a facebook account...until I came to HK. people wouldn't ask for my phonenumber but instead: do you have facebook?

They ask me, too, but I will not sign up. Same goes for any other so-called social networking site.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast