Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eec007

Explosions in the Sky October 28th!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Explosions in the Sky October 28th!!!!!!

So I freaked out a little bit, but one of the best acoustic rock bands in the world is coming to HK for the first time since they became famous from the "Friday Night Lights" movie.
    EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY!!!!!!!
    I haven't seen them live yet, and ive been kicking myself ever since I missed their concert...7 years ago. (They don't play live very often...even in their home state of Texas)

Anyone going?!

Excellent! So there is someone else who has heard of them here in the Kong. Actually I've only heard one song by them but I already know they're the sort of thing I'm going to like. Had it on my to-do list to get some tickets for me and the missus but forgot so thanks for the reminder!

Yep, definitely going. So lucky to see most of my post-rock favourites in one year.

It has been a good year for post rock, Godspeed, Sigur Ros and Explosions.

Glad it's at the Vine center, post rock at typical HK venue with *****y acoustics makes me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    It has been a good year for post rock, Godspeed, Sigur Ros and Explosions.

Glad it's at the Vine center, post rock at typical HK venue with *****y acoustics makes me cry.
    Haha true that.

Also- if anyone wants to go together shoot me a PM. I really don't have many post-rock friends TBH, and although i dont mind going alone, it'd be good to converse on the awesomeness.

Hi, for those of you that have been to a show at The Vine. Do you know if have extra tickets at the door even for sold out shows? Or do the release more tickets once the show starts? Thanks.

brycegoff likes this.

this is my favorite bad ever. just moved here recently and found out about the concert the other day. sold out. ugh. anyone know of another source for tickets other than ticketflap? thanks. i might just go and see if anyone is selling tix on site i guess...?