Like Tree5Likes

Still...looking for a German band in HK...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by helencyh:
    yes this is exactly what i hv been told by the Consulate...they are hired and flown in privately...
    ...and I think it's the same for all the other 'Octoberfest' in HK (which makes me wonder what those bands do from November to September.... well, I guess professional Santa Clause have similar problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    ...and I think it's the same for all the other 'Octoberfest' in HK (which makes me wonder what those bands do from November to September.... well, I guess professional Santa Clause have similar problems.)
    haha u hv a sense of humor...well i was told those guys are actually having a job but they just take leave from the Oktoberfest period and do the performance...

Go and pay a visit to Ned Kelly's and have a chat with the band during one of their breaks. I'm pretty sure they can do what you want:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Hong_Kong.html

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Go and pay a visit to Ned Kelly's and have a chat with the band during one of their breaks. I'm pretty sure they can do what you want:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Hong_Kong.html
    Do you know if they are German ones? My boss doesn't go for Filipino band...(no offense)

Do you know if they are German ones? My boss doesn't go for Filipino band...(no offense)
    If they play German drinking songs, what's the problem?

checked...Filipino...cant help...but anyway, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    If they play German drinking songs, what's the problem?
    My German boss want to make it a traditional one i think, German restaurant, German decoration, German F & B, German band music...

"German" meaning German passport holder, or German meaning "tall, blond, blue-eyed"?

Perhaps you should tell your boss "Beggars kann nicht wählerisch sein" (no offense)

You are in Asia, surrounded by Asian musicians but you want German music. I've suggested a good alternative but your boss doesnt like the way they look?

My German boss want to make it a traditional one i think, German restaurant, German decoration, German F & B, German band music...
    And I am still missing your point. I used to play German drinking songs way back in the day when I played trumpet. I'm a New Zealander. You can't get further from Germany, or German culture. But music is music, you follow a beat and play the notes as written. End results, sounds like German music.