Like Tree1061Likes

Which movie are you going to watch next?

Closed Thread
Page 167 of 178 FirstFirst ... 159 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 175 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tadashi:
    thor ragnarok was pretty good
    Interesting feature on the director:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/m...-ragnarok.html

I've heard good things about "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" and "What We Do in the Shadows".
    irisboards likes this.

Just watched that new Thor one with my boys...fairly standard stuff but I enjoyed it because of the Kiwi 'in-jokes'...they weren't subtle, one of the spaceships is called a Commodore .

I fancy seeing that Christopher Robin movie, but not sure the family will like it and I'm not one to go to the cinema by myself.

Skyhook likes this.

Great documentary, it won the Special Jury Prize at Sundance:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/icarus_2017/

Didn't know much about the subject so I was on the edge of my seat.

irisboards likes this.

I watched 'The Siege of Jadotville' on Netflix the other day.

It's the true story of the little reported defense of a compound by 150 Irish UN Peacekeepers vs a horde of rebel soldiers led by French and Belgian mercenaries employed by the mining companies fighting capitalism by the Congolese Government in 1961.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Interesting feature on the director:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/m...-ragnarok.html

I've heard good things about "Hunt for the Wilderpeople" and "What We Do in the Shadows".
    I love Taika Waititi so much.Thor: Ragnorak was such a rollicking good time (much more fun and generally better paced than a lots of Marvel's films). His earlier films Boy and Eagle vs Shark are beautifully weird and heartwarming. Definitely find a way to watch them is my advice. So pleased to see he hasn't lost his touch and vision in the mainstream, big studio system

Just watch this much vaunted social commentary film. Lot's of social outrage little sympathy.

Spoiler alert
    Man who lives next door to some freindly young internet savvy sneaker hawkers incorrectly gets diagnosed as being fit for work after a heart attack. He must fill an online form in to correct the mistake but his struggle with government access centres to find out how and where to use a computer kills eventually him.
    Last edited by East_coast; 02-12-2017 at 04:07 AM.

Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.
    civil_servant likes this.