Fatburger

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

For the occasional burger, I like a little place in North Point called Toppings, you get to put your own stuff on your burger and the fries are pretty good. I believe it's under 30$ too...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    For the occasional burger, I like a little place in North Point called Toppings, you get to put your own stuff on your burger and the fries are pretty good. I believe it's under 30$ too...
    I know the guys at Toppings, but I stopped going there before they moved to their new location after I bit into an enormous shard of bone and almost cracked my tooth on it!

I finally made it to Fatburger this weekend, after being tempted by those signs for 6 months (it's just down the road form my place).
    And... I wasn't too impressed. The burger was nice, but not really worth the money, also, it was quite busy even at 17:45 on a Sunday afternoon, perhaps because it's so new. The staff were friendly, but slow. It's like trying to be a fast food place that's also a sit down restaurant, and not quite being either. Cost for 2 people - 175 dollars!

This one will likely go the way of the Krispy Kreme... There's already a ShakenBuns and a McDonalds near the one on Queen's Rd East. Why would people pay that kind of money to go to that burger joint unless it's fantastically great?

People will give it a try and then it will fade and go like so many of the restaurants in that area. DeliFrance went Vietnamese, the fish and chips went Amaroni and now FatAngelo, there used to be an Oliver sandwich place... competition is pretty fierce and there are loads of nice little eateries that are cheaper, better and healthier. I just don't see it. I'll be generous and give it two years...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Toppings is excellent. Plus they have chili cheese fries, dogs etc. Best Value of all the Burger joints too.

So I read the whole thread and I may have missed the Fatburger location. Where is it?

It seems there are a few but the one I know is on Queen's Rd East in front of that used to be Hopewell Centre in Wanchai.

To be fair, I have to say I like the dogs better than the burger at Toppings

Thanks.

Only got the dog once at Toppings and wasn't too impressed. I'm good with sticking to their burgers though.

Fatburger

Fatburger now open on queens rd. east across from Hope well center

Not quite related to the topic but I tried a burger at Big Bite yesterday. I like the burger.

The beef hasn't been worked on too hard it remained juicy and I like the bun a lot. The Chili they have was just so so and the buffalo wing was OK. I think the price point was decent compare to Shake 'em buns, ie 42$ for its regular "big bite" burger.

Too bad, they serve Lavazza coffee as it's just a stone throw from a artisan coffee roaster hkcoffee.com

If you happen to be in the area, North Point, this is one of the place that is worth visiting.

Big Bite, Shop U12 Fit Fort, 560 King's Road (North Point)

Fat Burger - it was quite nice and probably cos its new, the place was quite comfy, but a double burger with shakes being at 95HKD is abit pricy...

I rather have Triple Os or with the emergence of Burger King shops around various locations in HK, Fat Burger is not so atttactive anymore (but their shakes are great, made with Ben & Jerry's)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast