Like Tree10Likes

Any High End Bar and Restaurant in Wanchai

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    did I miss something he posted?
    Yes, promoting some club with 'top class models'.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    Seriously? The place smells like a lavatory.
    Ummm, no, the place smells like a garbage dump; but only on hot days and depending on wind direction

I do really enjoy the Pawn, love the food and decent drinks - the fact that its across a refuse collection point is a big stinking downer though...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Ummm, no, the place smells like a garbage dump; but only on hot days and depending on wind direction

I do really enjoy the Pawn, love the food and decent drinks - the fact that its across a refuse collection point is a big stinking downer though...

I find the Pawn completely over priced and uncomfortable...
    Gruntfuttock, gunsnroses and huja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoSteve:
    Yes, promoting some club with 'top class models'.
    Damm missed that post before it got deleted, whats the name of the club

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Welcome to HK!
    TheBrit and Tom007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Agree with the overpriced bit - disagree with uncomfortable.

No matter, do you know any other good places that serve similar food (Gastropub style) that are more reasonable? Globe is close (but different) - what other ones can you think of ? I really enjoy that type of food, load up on it when we are in the UK and would love to find a few more similar outlets here....

Original Post Deleted
    i stopped going for this reason.

When you mentioned that your " female bosses " kept on asking where they could go for high end bar ( translation: rip off western male bar ) in Wan Chai, I can't help but think they and yourself are associates of a notorious business.

Whatever " business " you are involved in, then I suggest anywhere in the district of Mong Kok or in Taikoo place. I would recommend Sugar bar but then again, you need to be a member and they don't encourage shady ladies and their pimps.

Take them to Soho East in Sai Wan Ho. Plenty of places there.

Last edited by Natfixit; 09-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor:
    Old Place = The Pawn
    If Im not mistaken it closed down or the restaurant underneath did, looks like its being renovated, maybe something else coming there.

I'v been to the bar a few times but could never find a seat, it was only a brief stopping point to the restaurant underneath which was quite good at first.

There are some interesting restaurants mostly lunch trade up the side streets from there now.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Agree with the overpriced bit - disagree with uncomfortable.

No matter, do you know any other good places that serve similar food (Gastropub style) that are more reasonable? Globe is close (but different) - what other ones can you think of ? I really enjoy that type of food, load up on it when we are in the UK and would love to find a few more similar outlets here....

Hey, we agree on something. I love pub/bar food as well. I started a thread on this topic awhile back....

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/2...d260018-2.html