The Pillowman Returns!

Closed Thread

The Pillowman Returns!

Sorry KIA, but I wanted to get one more chance to plug The Pillowman, which opens for a final run June 24th to the 28th at the McAulay Studio in the HK Arts Centre, Wan Chai

Critically acclaimed and Tony Award-winning drama The Pillowman returns to Hong Kong in June by popular demand. If you missed it in March, don’t make the same mistake twice – Looking Glass Productions’ presentation of this searing drama is one of the best theatrical experiences you will have in Hong Kong this year.

Written by Academy-Award-winning writer and director Martin McDonagh and set in an unnamed totalitarian state, The Pillowman revolves around the interrogation of the writer Katurian, whose gruesome stories bear uncanny resemblances to a series of child murders. Simple questioning quickly develops into a complex web of lies that engulfs Katurian, his mentally retarded brother, and the two detectives assigned to the case. Over the course of the play Katurian’s fate becomes increasingly unclear, the one saving grace for the writer is the hope that his stories –his words – will survive him.

Tickets are $220 per person, $200 for concessionary tickets. Bookings can be made at Urbtix outlets, or via their hotline (2111 5999)

Just so that you guys know, Looking Glass is a group that I started to do interesting theatre in Hong Kong. If you have some time next week, please consider coming, we could definitely use the support. OK, sorry again KIA, I'll get off the soapbox now.

Just saw this .. should have PMed me and I'd have been happy to sticky it for you.