Staying overnight in Cheung Chau

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Staying overnight in Cheung Chau

I want to spend a weekend in Cheung Chau. Can anyone tell me where to look or who to call for room rental? I can only find the Warwick and B&B Tung Wan Guest House.

Would it be safe to just show up and look for someone offering a room? I don't want to have to go home at the end of the day.

Remember to buy charcoal before you get on the ferry if you want to have a barbecue while you're there!

try this place.
    B&B Cheung Chau
    they were booked out when i wanted to go, but they seem really nice

Quote Originally Posted by mister36:
    try this place.
    B&B Cheung Chau
    they were booked out when i wanted to go, but they seem really nice
    BBCheung Chau is very good. Cool design and panoramic rooftop. Stayed there last time.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Remember to buy charcoal before you get on the ferry if you want to have a barbecue while you're there!

The guest house where I stayed at, had a store downstairs that supplied BBQ and charcoal. I think its called "Miami Resorts". It's not that fancy though. I only stayed there because everywhere else was booked (Easter weekend). Best check out the B&B first.

Oh OK - my information is out of date - I though no charcoal was available on Cheung Chau to try to get the suicide rate down.

Thank you to everyone who has posted a response! I was nervous about going over without a reservation and B&B was booked last time that I checked. But it seems like it will be okay to just go over and find something that day if I have to.

Out of interest - having not been yet - what is there to do on Cheung Chau that makes you want to stay the night?

It seems to be a fun place to spend more than a day trip. I would like to hike about and see the rock carvings. Pak Tai temple is worth seeing, and the beaches are great. I also want to spend a good part of a day improving my windsurfing. If I stayed overnight, I would have a leisurely time eating, swimming, and exploring.

hey Carol, I'm going there this weekend... staying at Miami Resorts again. apparently they renovated and is much nicer. here's the website...

[url=http://www.miamicheungchau.com.hk/index_eng.htm]

Miami Resort
    License no. H 3275
    Adress:12H, G/F Bela Vista, Kowk Man Road, Cheung Chau, HK.
    Phone:(852) 2981 7299
    Fax:(852) 2981 9157
    E-mail:[email protected]

Last edited by Eddy Mundo; 10-07-2008 at 05:24 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast