Like Tree6Likes

What are your favourite spots in LKF for good vibes and live music?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool What are your favourite spots in LKF for good vibes and live music?

I'm keen to get out on Friday night, so what are your favorite spots in LKF for good vibes and live music? Places to meets some cool folks and chat?

Any thoughts on Fringe club? thumbs up or down?

Why LKF? That's where tourists and people with more money than they know what to do with go.

Having said that, the Fringe Club (which isn't in LKF) gets some good stuff, though much of it is quite "local". What genres of music are you in to?

Look also at The Wanch in Wanchai for lots of other local acts, some doing covers and some doing original material.

Or if you just want pretty good rock & blues covers then Amazonia in Wanchai has the best band, but beware that an alarming number of people get their drinks spiked there and their bank accounts emptied, so don't go alone, don't go when very pissed already, and agree that you will leave together (or not leave the last person there on their own).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Why LKF? That's where tourists and people with more money than they know what to do with go.

Having said that, the Fringe Club (which isn't in LKF) gets some good stuff, though much of it is quite "local". What genres of music are you in to?

Look also at The Wanch in Wanchai for lots of other local acts, some doing covers and some doing original material.

Or if you just want pretty good rock & blues covers then Amazonia in Wanchai has the best band, but beware that an alarming number of people get their drinks spiked there and their bank accounts emptied, so don't go alone, don't go when very pissed already, and agree that you will leave together (or not leave the last person there on their own).
    I'm not saying it doesn't or hasn't happened but Ive never had my drink spiked there and ive lost count of the number of times I have been. They do pour stupidly strong measures though.

The band(s) are good but the OP might not want to be in a bar full of freelancers.

There are so many bars in LKF it's hard to recommend, most are above street level too so i probably don't even know about them.

Makumba (LKF) has a cool african vibe but i think they usually have a cover charge.

Honi Honi (lyndhurst terrace) has a cool vibe also.
    Last edited by Trebor; 20-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.

What do they spike your drinks with?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    What do they spike your drinks with?
    Hedgehogs?

Any of you guys been to XXX Gallery? I found this pretty unique dude playing Hip-Hop fused with 60's chinese music. For those who are curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxM_sgMM2rQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:

Drop..yumla..beijing club..kee club..azure etc etc are for tourists?

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

They have live music there (as per the OP'request)? My impression was that they are just places playing recorded music. My apologies if I'm wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Drop..yumla..beijing club..kee club..azure etc etc are for tourists?

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Yup and moneyed brats.

And no live music there, they're generic clubs playing the same crappy music. Not what OP is after.

In LKF try Grafitti

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Yup and moneyed brats.
    Good, we know where to find you then.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast