who WANTS some REGGAE!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

love Marley, listen to him all the time. Your idea sounds like a fun time

lol I tried to set up a reggae night a little over two years ago. Club 97 in LKF plays reggae every Sunday night. One of the DJs plays a lot of really old roots, which a lot of people might not be into. Still, it's pretty cool, and they play some newer stuff later. I don't know how many of you are willing to go out on a Sunday night though

Smile Vodka Bar has a reggae night

Vodka Bar V13 just up from Wyndham has a reggae night, call or stop in and ask them when, it's during the week. Heavy Roots is an event night that's listed on Facebook by these people: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=26326788967

And as I posted elsewhere my band Transnoodle is playing Makumba Africa Bar on Aug 8, 23 and 27 and we play ska and reggae.

Reggae, oh yeah. If it's played by live bands that'll be even better! Okay, who's bringing the ganja?? :P Can't have one without the other, that'll be like.... sacrilege!

You know who I'd like to see? Sizzla and Buju B.

Countess: Nuh bring unwanted attention to the reggae movement, seen?

celebrate roots

evryting soundz good.., count me in (if allowed) da spliff.., yelloman.., red stripe..eeezzzeee..

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Club 97 in LKF plays reggae every Sunday night. One of the DJs plays a lot of really old roots, which a lot of people might not be into. Still, it's pretty cool, and they play some newer stuff later. I don't know how many of you are willing to go out on a Sunday night though
    I might be there later tonight - It was a good time last week, although I drank tooooooo much.

Countess: Nuh bring unwanted attention to the reggae movement, seen?
    Ha! Tru dat! :P

Damn! That's what I forgot to pack when I moved to HK. My BUJU CDs!!!! aH well, I guess I'll have to download them.

I going to hong kong in februari 2009 and would love to visit some reggae nights in clubs or even better, live performances!
    hopefully anybody has some suggestions???

the festival sounds great, i'll definitely show up...my favorite style is roots, but ska and a lil' bit of dancehall is ok too.

it would be great to have Groundation(!!), midnite(2 of the best reggae bands around in my opinion) bambu station, junior kelly, and the godfathers of reggae, skatalites at the festival