Like Tree2Likes

Memories of China Jump nightclub

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by John Green:
    Who is this? Are you writting a book about The Jump? John Green here. If you were anything to do with The Jump you will know me. Drop me a line, would love to hear from some of the old crew.....
    You're THE MAN!! I got sent there by mr bacon, back in 95-96 from jwjohnsons and I'd love to find out too!! If you get anymore info, send me a reply

Cool What the F*@)*%K ?

Quote Originally Posted by John Green:
    Who is this? Are you writting a book about The Jump? John Green here. If you were anything to do with The Jump you will know me. Drop me a line, would love to hear from some of the old crew.....
    Yes I worked from the beginning at this whacky joint in the kitchen. Walked in off the street and John gave me the job of running the pass on the night shift. 300 plus cover per night. It was crazy. Had to learn a whole new kitchen language , new style of food and broad English accents in 24 hours. Not to mention breaking up fights between chefs> Just crazy!!
    Then after service head down to Yelts and get plastered, get home by 4am. Get up at 9ish and head off to the beach at Stanley to sleep. Good times and good life!
    Cheers all and good luck with book if still researching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursty:
    Wolfman,

This reply may be too late for your novel but I was the guy ITN News filmed in the Jumps dentists chair after Mr. Gascoigne and his buddies discraced themselves.

I was asked but my friend who was the Asian Head of ITN and her husband, a free-lance cameraman, to re-enact the event. I have since appeared several times in various English football documentaries but unfortunately never seen the footage myself. Would love to see it if anyone knows where I can get a copy.

I know the Jump very well and have some interesting tales if you are interested.

Hope this helps.

Mark
    Hursty, in case you receive notification from this, post I found the clip on ITN's archive website - search "Paul Gascoigne Hong Kong"....with the Euros and all I was just telling someone the other day and it piqued my interest. By the wonders of Google, it appeared 25 years later! There's me, you and Andy sat at the bar drinking flaming lamborginis. Looks like you have to pay for the clip with you in the chair.
    East_coast likes this.

Wolfman63,
    How about your book?

For me China Jump was all about Ladies Night on a Wednesday evening after a Happy Valley race meeting!

I had my first encounter with a Singaporean girl there that taught me within minutes all about the 5 Cs. Molly was her name.

Does Ladies Night still exist somewhere in Hong Kong?

An article from the SCMP put online from 1993.

https://www.scmp.com/article/22514/c...ar-jumps-wagon

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4