What kinds of music are popular in HK? Anyone up for some house and dance clubbing?!

Closed Thread

What kinds of music are popular in HK? Anyone up for some house and dance clubbing?!

Hey guys I'm due to arrive in HK on 28th August and would really like to meet some people who like pubbing, clubbing and going out!

I'm 19 from London and will be coming to study at HK PolyU. Anyone enjoy house and dance music? I also like indie, well anything half decent really!

Any takers? I'd like to hear from you
    Grace

Cantonese pop dominants the market in HK. Having said that, the music diversity varies,ranging from mainstreams to indie, they basically can be found in many music chains such as HMV.

You may like to browse iTunes or other music services these days if what you want is to select the certain songs instead of a whole CD.

You're in luck, there's a Ministry of Sound event happening on the date you arrive! Hope you're not too jet-lagged

http://www.hkclubbing.com/images/sto...etegooding.jpg

Er, it says 21 and above only. The OP is 19.

What would they do there to not allow someone aged between 18 to 20 to enter? ummm...

{edit - misread}

That night looks good - Are they pretty strict in HK with ID then? I go to 21s nights sometimes and generally they're ok if you're a girl (that's me) and if you're not with a massive group of people?

What is it like in HK? x

Quote Originally Posted by gracie1grace:
    That night looks good - Are they pretty strict in HK with ID then? I go to 21s nights sometimes and generally they're ok if you're a girl (that's me) and if you're not with a massive group of people?

What is it like in HK? x
    You should be fine.