Like Tree1Likes

Captain America & Thor

Closed Thread

Captain America & Thor

heard that they are making Thor into a girl and Falcon is the new Captain America.

what the heck, that just messes my mind. now when watching the movies, Chris Hemsworth is supposed to be a girl and Chris Evans is black?

Yeah I saw this in the news. I did read some Thor way back as a kid, but I was always more of a Batman/Spider-man/Superman reader than Thor.

I am guessing this is merely a marketing gimmick than a real attempt to reach out to females.

Speaking of female superheroes, we've had quite a few, like Wonder-woman, Storm, etc. But ironically, a female superhero that really got the attention of Western females wasn't a DC or Marvel hero, but a Japanese-originated one, Sailor Moon:

I remember it was briefly all the rage back in mid-to-late 90's in North America. My female cousins and their girlfriends just would watch that show religiously. Being a guy, I wasn't a fan and it took me a while to understand the appeal of that show, with all its pink girliness. But I think I finally understood why now. It spoke to females because they can relate to sailor moon. Whereas heroes like Wonder-Woman is great for promoting strong feminist role models, they seem rather idealized and not easy to relate. Wheras Sailor Moon, due to her down-to-earth klutziness and laziness, people can understand that.

Last edited by Watercooler; 22-07-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Bet there will be some annoyed Scandinavians around after hearing that news!

U forgot about the changes to Ironman aka ultimate Ironman.

And don't forget the ultimate super hero Jesus. Plans are to turn him into a Latina ....

Thor is a man full stop. Next you will be telling me they have made Robin Hood a yank....

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Thor is a man full stop. Next you will be telling me they have made Robin Hood a yank....
    They did that already with Kevin Costner. Yes, it was awful.