Like Tree6Likes

Places to Watch NFL Games

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

i'd be there with my Percy Harvin jersey, however, I have to be at work 20 minutes following kick-off.

OK. so delaney it is! i will be there monday morning! what time does it start? correct me if im wrong but i think kickoff is 2am local time?

NO NO NO NOT 2AM BUDDY

First game Colts vs Jets starts at Monday 4am HK time.

The next game Saints vs Vikings starts at 7:40am HK time

See ya guys @ Delaneys tomm morning, I'll be there around 7:18am.

Cheers,
    Bobby
    Posted via Mobile Device

Talking Go Pats

Glad to know there are people who play and watch American Football. I started to play football since I was 12, 25 years ago. So I love the game.

I will take my son (age 12) and father-in-law to watch the SuperBowl (Feb 7). Sounds like Delaneys in TST is the best place.

Thank you all for the info......

Francis

Anyone have updated info on where they show NFL games in Hong Kong?

Hello,

I am coming to Hong Kong for about a month starting next week and desparate to watch the Cincinnati Bengals. Anyone have any suggestions on where to watch the games? Unlikely they'll show my team, but was hoping nonetheless.

Thanks for your help!!!

Sandhya

sundays US football games

i am up fot it if anyone knows who is showing...pls let me know with pm or on this thread.

thanks!

niners, you a pats fan or niners fan?

count me in if we have a place..pm or on this thread..ill be keepin tabs

Any new update on this? I am moving to Hong Kong soon. I HAVE to watch the Packers. I am going to be depressed if I can't watch the NFL and NCAA on the weekends. If there are ways that I can watch it on my computer, that would be the best. Thanks.

I got a slingbox for rental...

After 2 seasons of watching the NFL in Hong Kong, I've gone through all the different options. So here it is.

Here are your options:

#1) HK Cable Now TV.
    I think the regular package will come with sports channel 635 which will play 2 games live on (Monday morning 1AM/4AM until we switch to 13hours ahead). They will air the more popular teams, but it’s never certain what they will air until a day or two ahead u can check online. Also sometimes they will show repeats from previous week, so some weekends Channel 635 you are Out of Luck. They also normally show Sunday night and Monday football live (which is Monday morning/Tuesday morning), and they replay it at our night as well.
    Second channel on NowTV, 680 (ASN). It is a premium channel, separate charge. They will also have on a couple games live. They "officially" carry NFL games. Last year I saw probably 8-10 packer games on these 2 channels (but realize they were the defending champs, so the likelihood of being on goes up, as the popular teams get the more primetime nationwide slots, which are more likely to be shown in HK).

#2) Slingbox
    I had a backup plan of a slingbox, at my brother’s house, but my results were varied. Lots of freezing and pixilation and sometimes I’d watch the game recorded (so I could sleep in and not show up to work bug eyed and incoherent) and I'd watch it Monday night in HK, which was Monday morning back in US and I battled my 3 year old Nephew (that TV was the only available one for a Sling). I’d be watching the game and he’d switch it to Curious George. So we’d go back and forth for a while until I’d call my brother and he’d call home and take care of it. But needless to say, with all the delay and rewinding and losing touch with the sling, everytime an interruption occurred it wasted 10 minutes. After futzing with it for 1.5 years the thing finally died. I have friends who've had much better experience with their slingboxes. No delay, no pixelation issues, and no losing touch with the damn thing when Curious George turns on.

#3) NFL.com.
    For NON North American countries/territories etc. We have the option to watch your favorite team, streaming live for around $100 USD per season (regular season only). To watch all teams it is more. The picture quality is FANTASTIC. It’s HD quality and no pixels nor freezing. For the few games not on 635 or 680, this was a great alternative.

#4) Go the cheap route and watch free.

Just google around and find various sites showing games for free. Dept of Homeland security usually shuts a bunch of them down, then others prop up elsewhere. Quality is mixed, from awful, to just good enough to see some people running around. And it freezes and dies…and sometimes it’s just a guy streaming what’s on his TV and he could change the channel. Half the people claiming to be streaming the game, their streams don’t work….sometimes it does…for a while..…it’s very hit or miss. I'd usually have several streams ready, and if one went down, I'd pop open the other...if one froze for too long, I'd switch over...You get what you pay for...sometimes it's great...many times it's shit.

And don’t worry about playoffs. Channel s 635/680 will show most of them, and they are also at various bars. Some bars that aren’t open, will actually open if you call and tell them you have a party of 8 or more, they will open up for you or have a min charge to open up the place. You can call and ask.

(I watched the Badgers in the Rose Bowl this year with 30+ Badger Alumni in HK at a bar one Monday at 5-6AM. It was fantastic, except for the end).

Personally I do both #1 and #3 so I have all 16 games.

If you don't care about screen size you can do #3 and be done with it. But I enjoy TV in the family room concept so I'm willing to pay for the cable channel and watch the majority of the games on a proper TV. When I'm desperate that's when I jump over to NFL.com and settle for watching online.

So there you have it. Your watching NFL games in Hong Kong guide.

Last edited by PackerFan; 09-08-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast