Like Tree47Likes

Disneyland not crowded!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Disneyland not crowded!!!

I DID NOT want to go to Disneyland because I have heard it is horribly crowded with Mainlanders. I went yesterday and it was not even crowded, average wait in line was about 5 minutes. I guess with the protests and China saying how bad HK is there are a lot fewer Mainlanders, so if you want to go you should soon.

I hope that I am good for at least a couple of years before wife plans another Disneyland trip( we don't have kids), I have my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    I DID NOT want to go to Disneyland because I have heard it is horribly crowded with Mainlanders. I went yesterday and it was not even crowded, average wait in line was about 5 minutes. I guess with the protests and China saying how bad HK is there are a lot fewer Mainlanders, so if you want to go you should soon.

I hope that I am good for at least a couple of years before wife plans another Disneyland trip( we don't have kids), I have my fingers crossed.
    Although im not a big fan of big crowds or long lines myself, I do wonder why people on geoexpat refer to chinese as mainlanders as if this isn't their own country.
    Many in here speak of chinese people as if it's something bad/evil/nuisance. But don't you realize we are guests in their country and not the other way around.
    i do want to believe the times of segregation and discrimination are a thing of the past.
    But many here should have more self reflection and think over twice if they believe themselfs enlighted persons and what kind of message they want to pass on to their children.
    mrsguntrip and Cho-man like this.

Even Stanley wasnt crowded on Saturday afternoon, I even got to park in the Plaza, I asked my mrs where everyone was and she replied they are all at the protests LOL

I went to disneyland 2 months ago on a Sat, average waiting time was around 45mins, I aint going back there for a long time

Skyhook and JohnHK39 like this.

Big W,

We went in August, ( around the same time as you ) sorry to say, but it was a pretty shitfull experience to be blunt. Us as parents really had to put a brave face on in front of the kids and just persevere with the massive queues, the lack of effective ventilation to get relief from the heat, waiting times were 45mins to a little over 60 mins. Factor in also that HK disney has retarded height restrictions, set at 125cm ( for the cool rides ) which meant all of my children couldnt go on the really fun rides !

Lucky for us Tokyo is close by, so we visited Tokyo Disney 2 weeks later to redeem ourselves, which was fantastic, greatly helped that their min height restriction was between 90cm and 105cm ( Euro Disney was 107cm so still ok ) so we could get on cool rides like the Thunderbolt Railway etc. Queues on average were around 25 to 40 minutes, very orderly, a much larger park and the cost of food and beverage was very reasonable only being about 20 - 30% higher than outside the park, unlike HK which charges $25 for a small bottle of water ( over 200% mark up ! ).

Last edited by Skyhook; 27-10-2014 at 09:04 AM.

wtbhotia - All depends on where you are. We've found several of our regular areas overcrowded, as people do not want to go into Central / CWB.

Aberdeen for example has been unusually crowded. Usually have no problems parking on Saturday around noon, but for the last two weeks every damn car park and available space is full with people double parking.

Some of the restaurants in Wong Chuk Hang where I go to pick up lunch are crowded, as people don't want to go into CWB and other areas for lunch.

All good though .. not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Although im not a big fan of big crowds or long lines myself, I do wonder why people on geoexpat refer to chinese as mainlanders as if this isn't their own country.
    Many in here speak of chinese people as if it's something bad/evil/nuisance. But don't you realize we are guests in their country and not the other way around.
    i do want to believe the times of segregation and discrimination are a thing of the past.
    But many here should have more self reflection and think over twice if they believe themselfs enlighted persons and what kind of message they want to pass on to their children.
    Everyone refers to people from Mainland China as mainlanders. They speak a different language and effectively come from a different country, with a different currency, with different laws, different immigration requirements (a separate visa is needed for those of us resident in Hong Kong to visit china) and so on. What would you call them?

I assume you object to calling people with blond hair "blond-haired people" and short people are clearly "height challenged". FFS. People just need to be able to describe folks!

I guess we could call them "people who pay with RMB" or something.
    Last edited by HK_Katherine; 27-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.

We went last Saturday and I echo these sentiments. I was quite surprised how there were no big queues and it wasn't crowded at all. The crowd did start to pick up later in the day (like after 4pm) but by then we were on our way out.

Original Post Deleted
    its bureaucratic implement. Ask the UN, is Hong Kong PRC or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Everyone refers to people from Mainland China as mainlanders. They speak a different language and effectively come from a different country, with a different currency, with different laws, different immigration requirements (a separate visa is needed for those of us resident in Hong Kong to visit china) and so on. What would you call them?

I assume you object to calling people with blond hair "blond-haired people" and short people are clearly "height challenged". FFS. People just need to be able to describe folks!

I guess we could call them "people who pay with RMB" or something.
    would Chinese people work? I mean, they are after all Chinese and come from China.
    Dont we call people from England, English?

Original Post Deleted
    Half the post got mixed up. Its in your quote.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast