Venue needed - LKF - for work function

Closed Thread

Venue needed - LKF - for work function

We're at our wits ends as the firm is organising a social night (charity auction and quiz night) and we need to find a place that can fit 50-60 people in there from 6.15pm - 9pm+, will do food in a private room or with exclusive use of the venue. It needs to be within 10 minute walk tops of LKF, and under the $60k we've been quoted so far. We're a rowdy lot, and I think any bar would make a killing on a quiet Thursday night. Any ideas anyone?

Hmmm I'd try The Cavern or Insomnia, Only thing about Insomnia is I'm not sure what catering facilities they have if any.

Bert's Bar at the FCC maybe, although I don't think Thursday is a night they prefer to close it for private functions... If I recall correctly there isn't a fee as such, but you need to guarantee a minimum spend (which is a lot less than $60K).

Contact the FCC on 2521 1511.

By the way, you location information in your profile is a bit out of date.

Last edited by PDLM; 25-09-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Bulldog does packages starting at $150-200.

Dublin Jack might be ok, although they've screwed up our arrangements the last time we were there and tend to be snotty about "we only take corporate bookings" - might work for you. Deals start at $200 a person.

Insomnia and a few others also have good deals, not sure what they are.

Cavern should also be able to accommodate around that time (not sure again what their current rates are and how willing they would be).

Avoid the Wyndham Street bars .. heard they're very inflexible (a few more bad days on the stock markets might fix that).

Also the roof top at the Fringe.

Try Post 97- we did a charity event there a couple of years ago and Jamie, the manager, couldn't have been more accommodating and really made it a good night. Make sure whoever you talk to knows it is a charity night.

Dublin Jack is probably your best bet IMO.