Like Tree38Likes

Ocean Park first time in 15+ years of HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ocean Park first time in 15+ years of HK

Went to Ocean Park first time today. You gotta be kidding me. Words fail me. What a joke of a park. :/

Skyhook likes this.

Care to elaborate? What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Went to Ocean Park first time today. You gotta be kidding me. Words fail me. What a joke of a park. :/
    Was the same for me when I went last year after more than a decade ago, biggest difference was the number of Mainlanders causing havoc on the ques to go for rides, they were on a time limit before they had to leave on the tour buses for dinner so they were trying to squeeze everything in as fast as possible.

I think both parks are a complete rip-off...Personally, I wouldn't be happy paying more than say, $75 to go into either Ocean Park or Disney...Disney is better for kids though...

...can't for the Earth imagine why people buy annual tickets...lack of imagination?? Masochism??

Nothing too wrong with the parks themselves, it's the massive crowds that ruin the overall experience. I don't go on the weekends or public holidays anymore, only on weekdays when I've taken some time off.

So what's wrong with OP or Disney?

Cho-man likes this.

What's wrong with OP?

For one, as with all marine parks, dolphins trapped in tiny pools swimming round and round going mad and/or becoming sick and dying. Oh and being taught to do tricks for entertainment.

Dolphin Slams into Wall at Ocean Park Hong Kong: Is this Normal? - WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    What's wrong with OP?

For one, as with all marine parks, dolphins trapped in tiny pools swimming round and round going mad and/or becoming sick and dying. Oh and being taught to do tricks for entertainment.

Dolphin Slams into Wall at Ocean Park Hong Kong: Is this Normal? - WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation
    Well yes oK but I would assume 100LL knew that, so must be something else?

When you go to OP you know that you will see Dolphin in a swimming pool so I would expect him not to be surprised by that.

My quesiton is genuine, ie I have been many years ago and was thinking of going again in a not so distant future so I am interested to hear what was so wrong.

i heard ocean park is having a half price special for hong kong residents. anyone with info on the special?

Maybe there is nothing really wrong with Ocean Park itself in terms of ride and attractions (leaving aside the dolphin-in-captivity controversy for a moment). It is simply a mismatch between the expectation of 100LL (i.e how long to wait in line, the crowds etc) and what the park actually is like. In that case, it is a question of expectation and not so much a problem with the park itself.

Last edited by Cho-man; 22-04-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast