Salsa dancing night

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Salsa dancing night

Hey,

Wondering if anybody's interested in a Salsa dancing get together during later part of the week. You can be a beginner or a Salsa pro, or can just see what the Salsa thing is all about. All levels are welcome.

If you are interested and can suggest a place to meet, even better!

George

Hey George,

I would love to come...

A quick question,

I have not been to salsa class before - what do I wear?

CaraExpat, wear comfortable shoes, and the rest is really up to you

Here's what I've been able to find about the club nights:

Thursday: A.V.E.N.U.E. from 8:00pm onwards
    20/F, Century Square, 1-13 D'Aguilar st, LKF, Central

Saturday: Jubilee from 9:00pm onwards.
    G/f., Man On Comm. Bldg.,12-13 Jubilee St. Central

Now we just have to figure out which is the more convenient night for everybody.

I vote for Saturday

Sundays in Joe Bananas in Wan Chai has Salsa class by an instructor which is free. I think it starts either at 6 or 7 pm, not really sure.

Salsa

Want to join too. Saturday or Sunday both work for me

Hey

Yes, I've been wanting to do some salsa in HK!

There's a site called hksalsa.com, which lists various events around HK.

Let me know what you guys decide on!

Sunday Salsa

I suggest we set the get date for Saturday at 9pm Jubilee (Central):

Jubilee is nominated as one of the best three Salsa venues in Hong Kong. All local and overseas great dancers will gather there for the weekend and have a good time. People will show up 10 mins before 9:00pm and ready for their warm up lessons (both Beg. / Inter. levels). Even non dancers love to hang out here. They pick up the basic knowledge to dance and social. You will find that you will meet a lot of great friends in HK's Salsa scene, said by many visitors.

Cover: HK$ 130 / 2 std. drinks

There's also another salsa site: Untitled Document

Well I have been to jubilee once and God! was I disappointed! Much to my dismay there were mostly guys (4:1 ratio), and I ended up dancing with other guys and the instructor(a man too). Never felt so uncomfortable before. I am sure other guys were going through the shock too, unable to say anything.

Sat?

Well that indeed could have been a problem ) but as far as I can tell by the screennames of the people in this post, that might actually work to our advantage as there's a number of ladies that are planning to attend. And I'm sure they won't mind having guys lining up to dance with them hahahah

Good point though, might be worth having a backup option in case jubilee doesn't pan out...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast