Did anybody go to the Diana krall concert last night?

Closed Thread

Did anybody go to the Diana krall concert last night?

Was a great concert and the time seemed to fly by and wished it could of been a bit longer.

Those that left before the encore shame on you!

And whats with all those latecomers? Concert starts at 8 p.m and you get people rolling up at 8.30 and later.

You mean a concert actually started at the time advertised on the ticket? The reason people were late was probably that this is rather unusual - 30-40mins after the advertised time has always been my experience (both here and in the UK).

I wanted to go to this concert, but I had other plans. Next time! Where was it held again? I saw her in Vancouver in a small venue. For artists like Diana Krall, Chris Botti, Kenny G, etc., I prefer smaller intimate venues.

As for people coming in late, I notice that people constantly do that here in concerts, theatre, or the local cineplex. I watched Eagle Eye last weekend and man, people were filing in 30-45 minutes into the movie! I have not been at a movie where everyone is there on time. Don't understand it...line for concession stand long? Parking?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You mean a concert actually started at the time advertised on the ticket? The reason people were late was probably that this is rather unusual - 30-40mins after the advertised time has always been my experience (both here and in the UK).
    It started at 8.15 or so not too bad, So I should never assume that it starts at the allocated start time then? Very strange indeed.

Ex-Vancouverite

It was at the cec in wanchai, One of the smaller halls.