BBQ Venue -advice needed

Closed Thread

BBQ Venue -advice needed

I love arranging BBQ's and would love to arrange one for my friends one weekend, but I don't have access to a balacony / roof / terrace where I live, and nor does anyone else I know.

Is there somewhere relatively easy to get to on the Island which already has a BBQ and chairs any everything, where we could just BYO food & beverage and have a great evening out? I know we could always go into Sai Kung or NT and find a park type venue, but that just seems a bt far out. Anything closer by? Mayeb on the Peak or am I just kidding myself?

I'd even be open to hiring a venue somewhere on a roof that has a BBQ that mabye has a bar as well and does private event type stuff....

Any suggestions welcome

There are bbq places at some of the beach areas on the south of the Island. Think one was at Deep Water Bay if I remember that night correctly. You have to provide the charcoal and implements though (and the food of course)

Within sai kung has a bbq place called bbq king, near the town centre, there is also a bar next to the place plus a nice sea front view (however, as its bqq buffett @ around HK$120 per person, the choice of food is limited)

there is also a its bqq area around silverstand beach near sai kung

if you want to arrange your own bbq within a designated bbq park, try tai mei tuk, very popular, however, there is not many bars, so bring your own beers and maybe a lantern as its pretty dim but lively as there is many people there (virtually locals, almost no ex pats)

bit of a hike but there's a site on Mt. Parker (chinese style)

There are many many barbecue sites around the country parks.

There are links to some of them here.

These are all essentially barbecue pits with seating and tables, but you have to bring all your own charcoal, food, beer, etc.

Many beaches have similar facilities.

There are alot of these near gold coast. Several commercial operators down near the beach (various signs point to them along castle peak road) but they are quite busy I think. If it was me, I would prefer the more 'natural' ones - there are several spots along the tuen mun fitness trail (= last 3 km of the macelose, v easy access from castle peak road between gold coast and tuen mun). There is also a really nice site at Nam Shan on Lantau (about 15 min walk up the road from Mui Wo, so almost easy access from Central via ferry .....)

On the Island and relatively easy to get to

I can recommend 2 spots for you:

1) Deep water bay : Extremely easy to get to, right on the beach but can get crowded very fast if you dont get there early.

2) Parkview : Walk down the hill for just 5 minutes, heading toward TaiTam reservoir. No crowds, lots of open space to run around for kiddies very peaceful. Has the added bonus of having a Park&Shop in Parkview so you can pickup supplies on the way there.

HC

There's BBQ pit by Shek O beach that you can rent...

Cheeky mountain monkeys at Shing Mun Country Park made our BBQ-ing at one of the many pits there, um... 'interesting'.

Even though we didn't pay much attention to or feed them (don't!), a few took turns trying to nick our bread right from tucked-away rucksacks, so TAKE CARE if there. Amusement evaporated as we were slowly surrounded while busy dining...

Refreshing, scenic, quiet walk-hike up from the reservoir though. Definitely worthwhile.

Did a quick search and found this blogger's impression, with photos:
    Take a ride to Hong Kong: Shing Mun Reservoir