Like Tree2Likes

lesbian hangouts/events?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

lesbian hangouts/events?

Hey guys and girls. I'm new to the gay scene here in HK and I really don't know where to start. Can anybody please tell me where I can go to meet new people and have a good time dancing, chatting, flirting , etc. with some bent guys/girls? I'm a girl myself so I find it pretty difficult to attend any of the parties not knowing many people in the circle (or they're too exclusively local to begin with, I much prefer diversity!). So please share if you have any knowledge regarding that, or if you wanna go check it out with me, that'd be even better! <--I will you do you no harm, don't worry... Je promets!!

Lan Kwai Fong, Soho bar, Dragon-i

as far a general social scene goes, head over to lan kwai, soho, wan chai, tst, causeway bay where the bars etc are...

the lesbian scene in hk is pretty much non existent except for a couple things here and there. there used to be a lesbian karaoke lounge somewhere, but i think that's closed down. so your best bet would be to head to Les Peches... which is a lesbian events community thing. Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2420697659

There's a few gay bars here you could head to in central as well (propaganda, volume, etc) but they're predominantly male hangouts. propaganda for one charges double the entrance fee for women

oh and in november the hk lesbian and gay film festival is coming up too. and look up the "tongzhi" community if you're interested in a more local side to the community

Last edited by acreativenameeh; 17-10-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Gay/Lesbian Clubs, Bars, Cafes

Here is a list of Bars, Pubs, Clubs to help you get started in HK

C-Dou
    Address: 2/F (turn left when you exit the lift), Wing Wah Building, no.40P Shan Tung St (near Sai Yeung Choi St South), Mongkok
    Tel: 23325793
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Hours: 6pm-1pm
    Details: Says they are "a good place for coffee, chocolate & drinks. nice cafe|"

DESIRE, Bar & Karaoke
    Address: 14/F, Pearl Oriental Tower, 225 Nathan Road, Jordan, Kowloon (MTR: Exit C1, Jordan Station)
    Tel: (852) 2762 0088
    Hours: 8pm till 5am daily
    Visitors' Comments: The "Bowling Street" on their online map will be "Bowring Street" on the English signage.

No.2
    Address: 2/F., Universal House, 229 - 230 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai
    Tel: 2577-7027
    Hours: 8:30pm - 4am or 5am
    Details: They say they are "A new lesbian based bar in between Causeway Bay and Wan Chai!! A pretty spacious area with excellent Kareoke facilities. They also serve a wide range of beverages for memebers to enjoy!! The staff in the bar are very friendly therefore it is very worthwhile to visit and have a drink there!!!"
    Visitors' Comments: Note - since their website in on Facebook, you will have to have a Facebook login to view it. -Spode

21 Floor The Temptation Lesbian Pub
    Address: 21/F., The Lamma Tower, 12-12A Hau Fook Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
    Tel: 852-2332-10989
    Hours: 20:30 - 04:00
    Details: The only Lesbian Bar located in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.

BAR CODE
    Address: 6/F Yeung Iu Chi Comm. Bldg., 460-462 Jaffe Road, Causeway Bay, HK
    Tel: 2838-3022

Bliss Club & Lounge
    Address: 1 Elgin St. Central, Hong Kong (MAP)
    Tel: 2147-2122
    Hours: Lounge (ground floor): Tuesday-Saturday - from 5.30 pm with happy hour prices 6-9 pm. Sunday: 2.00 pm to 11.00 pm
    Club (downstairs): Tuesday-Saturday 10 pm until late (very late on friday and saturday)
    Cost: Club (downstairs): Friday: $100, Saturday: $160
    Activities: Various activities, including "sunday session". For preferential bookings, priority entrance, access to private lounges and special events, apply for free membership on their Website.
    Details: "Bliss is hong kong's newest chic style venue, split between 2 levels with 2 bars including an ultra sophisticated lounge for the most discerning of clientele. The venue caters equally well for those looking to dance the night away enjoying the intense club atmosphere and funky dance rhythms as well as hong kong fashionista, where sipping champagne and downing cocktails within the stunning, glamorous confines of bliss wine and cocktail lounge is the order of the day. It is a totally new with luxurious features, bliss incorporates a versatile concept for lounge, night club or private entertainment."

Chemical Suzy
    Address: 2A+B, G/F, AWT Centre, Austin Avenue, TST
    Tel: 2736-0087 (>8pm)
    Hours: 6pm to 4am
    Details: "Queer-night" available at Chemical Suzy - a brand new g-spot is now available for gay youngsters.
    chemical-suzy offers an event nite' for gay every Thursday. It featured with video projector, music magazines, interneting, TV games w/ lcd mon, personal adv. service, & cyber-style interior decoration. NO ENTRANCE FEE.

CHILL OUT BAR
    Address: 12/F.,Whole Floor,Englong Comm.Bldg.,184 Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui (Opposite of Tsimshatsui Police Station)
    Tel: 3188-5079 or 9026-2672
    Hours: Mon-Thurs 5:30pm -2:30am
    Fri-Sat 5:30pm-4:30am
    Closed on Sunday
    Details: Tailor made packages for birthday party and private function ! Comfortable envoirment and reasonable price!

CLUB 97
    Address: 9 Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2810-9333
    Hours: Gay Nights - Fridays from 6:00 - 10:00 pm - No entry feee, 2for1 drinks.
    Details: Completely renovated in October 2001, the environment is substantially more elegant than before, and the atmosphere is much more welcoming.

Club DRC
    Address: 3/F The Emperor Hotel, Happy Valley, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2961-3350
    Fax: 2761-0881
    Hours: 5pm to 3am
    Details: "Every Sunday night for the Gays, free Karaoke and Internet. Nice and quiet environment; perfect for social gathering and meets new people."
    Visitors' Comments: They're trying to get a Sunday night gay scene going there. The Web site also focuses on the club's availability for private functions.

Decadence - "Hong Kong's Biggest Gay Dance Party"
    Address: Queen's Disco, 31 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong (MAP)
    entrance on Theatre Lane.
    Tel: 9679-1144
    Hours: 4:00 - 10:00 pm
    Details: A Sunday T-Dance held on the first Sunday of each month, except during some public holidays (check their web site for confirmation).
    Call or e-mail for tickets.

FOCUS LOUNGE & KARAOKE
    Address: Avenido Rodrigo Rodriguez no. 600 F-G, First International Commercial Center, r/c, MACAU (MAP)
    Tel: 853-702-172 / 702-173

GARAGE (Set Lunch & Bar)
    Address: G/F, 35 Peel Street, Central, Hong Kong
    (between Hollywood Road and Gage Street near the Escalator)
    Tel: 2542-1488 or 2544-6432
    Hours: Mon-Sat: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
    Set Lunch/Dinner: Noon-10pm
    Details: Restaurant and Bar

INDULGE Disco
    Address: 3/F, Universal House, 230 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
    Details: I have been told this is a new venue, popular with the very late night crowd. They had at least one drug raid in February (2002), but I heard that was related more to the previous customers (??).

Loft Bar De
    Address: 2/F 126-128 Lockhart Rd, Wanchai
    (above the Hin Ho restaurant?)
    Tel: 2866-3268
    Details: Lesbian bar.

M Bar (Meilanfang)
    Address: 14 On Wo Lane (basement), Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
    Hours: Happy hour Monday-Thursday: 7-10pm

NEW WALLY MATT LOUNGE
    Address: G/F, 5A Humphrey's Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
    Tel: 2721-2568
    Hours: 5:00 pm - 4:00 am - Daily
    Happy Hour: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
    Details: This is the remaining of the two Wally Matts founded by the owners of the previous one. This one is more like the original, with a more traditional pub format.
    Also provides a free Internet search terminal!

PROPAGANDA
    Address: Basement, 1 Hollywood Road, Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2868-1316
    Hours: Mon-Sat: 9:00 pm - 3:30 am
    Sun: Closed unless Monday is a public holiday
    Happy Hour: 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm
    Cost: Thu: $80 after 10pm
    Fri: $70 before 10pm, $110 after 10pm
    Sat: $90 before 10pm, $180 after 10
    Visitors' Comments: I have been informed they no longer have a restaurant, so maybe there is now a place to sit and chat.

RICE BAR
    Address: G/F, 33 Jervois Street (at Mercer), Central, Hong Kong
    (Sheung Wan MTR Station, Exit A-2.)
    (6 light boxes above the shop front - green on one side, purple on the other.)
    Tel: 2851-4800
    Hours: Every Night: 6 p.m. till 2 a.m.
    Happy Hour: Friday - 6pm till 9pm.
    Activities: suit-per-man, every thursday night happy hour for those in suits and ties, all night.
    241 for all university students and airline staff, all night.
    Visitors' Comments: "Small but nice bar, with a slightly 'techno' feel, a DJ on weekends, a pleasant fishtank, and shirtless bartenders... "

Tony's Bar
    Address: G/F, 7 - 9 Bristol Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
    "Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station exit D2 and turn right."
    Tel: 2723-2726
    Hours: 5:00pm - 5am
    Happy Hour: 5:00-10:00 pm
    Details: "Gay friendly. Happy Hours: 17:00 - 22:00. Buy 3 get 1 free except Saturday & Public Holiday's Eve."
    "The main purpose of Tony's bar is offer the gay crowd in Hong Kong and Overseas visitor a warm and friendly bar to relax and meet new friends."
    Includes an Internet access station.

VOLUME
    Address: LG/F 83-85 Hollywood Rd, Noho, Central. Hong Kong
    Entrance on Aberdeen Street
    Tel: +852 2857 7683
    Fax: +852 2857 7583
    Hours: Monday-Saturday: 7pm-late.
    Closed Sundays
    Activities: Wednesday night 'welcoming parties' for out-of-towners (free booze before 10:30pm!) and 'Men @ Ten' 2-4-1 drinks extended Happy Hour right up until midnight every Friday.
    Details: Opened Nov 2006 and "unsuprisingly became a huge success." They consider themselves to run an "Ultra hip gay bar for a predominantly gay male crowd- though some lesbians hang out there." A very nice bar with god music and friendly staff. Highl recommended by Spode.

VOX Cafe, Bar, Studio
    Address: G/F, 41-49 Aberdeen Street, Central, Hong Kong (MAP)
    Just up the hill from Staunton Street, on the right [you need to keep walking a bit past the regular Soho scene].
    Tel: 2803-0322
    Hours: 3:00 pm - Late
    Happy Hour: 6:00-9:00 pm
    Details: "An alternative in Soho." A very nice and comfortable bar with 4 tables inside and 1 outside, with some plants and screens. The lighting is fairly low. The staff are helpful and friendly. The coffee is so-so.

WORKS
    Address: 1/F, 30-32 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
    Tel: 2868-6102
    Hours: Tue-Sun: 7:00 pm - 1:30 am
    Details: This is the old Propaganda Club location, and the inside is almost the same as before.

Hope this helps

Last edited by via; 23-10-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Whooooa! Hahaha...I'm simply overwhelmed! Thanks so much! Where did you find all that?

Any updated info on Lesbian bars?

Hi all,

Any updated info on what is still open for lesbians in HK? I hear a lot of the bars have closed down or moved.

Would love to hear from you!

anywhere fun to go this Sunday night?

Last edited by KateInHongKong; 15-12-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    audiot and Sharon Saw like this.

Thanks Kate. I will get hold of a Time Out HK as soon as i arrive then

Just click on the links in my post above and you won't need to go looking for a hard copy of the magazine. Although you can find it just about anywhere. The online links will have the info you need for Sunday night.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast