Like Tree53Likes

What book will you read next

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
    Mamba

@Kinch we home school, best thing for continuity over so many moves, but he's well aware of the thought police.

12 Books to Read After Binge-Watching 'Black Mirror' | GQ

The Ted Chiang one... so far so good. Not sure if I should skip the "Arrival" story since I plan on watching the film.

(A quick google will find everything referred to below at Amazon)

May I suggest anything by John Masters. I've recently read his WWI Trilogy and the first two volumes of his three volume autobiography.

Re the Autobiography:

Masters joined an Indian Army Gurkha regiment in 1934 and fought with them on the Northwest Frontier, in the Middle East, and in Burma. Most of us have some vague idea about how special the Gurkhas were/are... his autobiography makes it a lot less vague. Really interesting stuff!

And should be enlightening reading for those who subscribe to cartoon stereotypes. None of that in here. The world back then wasn't any more one-dimensional than it is now.

Currently reading Tiziano Terzani's, "A Fortune Teller Told Me and I am hooked! Very engaging, interesting. Envy inducing given the life he has lead and the travel he has done by whichever means ,except by aircraft. Terzani's says it how it is in Asian regions with a matter of fact approach but still keeps the entertaining value in his writing style. I will try to get my hands on "Goodnight Mr Lenin."

Man I got a laundry list of books that I'm saving for after I move. First however is I really want to get to the Hugo winning Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin

Skyhook likes this.

I am reading multiple (Kindle) books at once. I normally complete 1 book per week, 2 books if its really engrossing. I normally buy 1 kindle book from UK amazon when it goes on sale for 10hkd.

Leonardo Da Vince by Walter Isaacson
    Iron Ambition by Mike Tyson
    Tribe of Mentors - Tim Ferriss
    Business Adventures - John Brooks
    Algorithms to live by
    Console Wars by Blake Harris
    The checklist manifstio - Atul Gawande
    Principles - Ray Dalio
    Losing the Signal Rise and fall of blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I am reading multiple (Kindle) books at once. I normally complete 1 book per week, 2 books if its really engrossing. I normally buy 1 kindle book from UK amazon when it goes on sale for 10hkd.

Leonardo Da Vince by Walter Isaacson
    Iron Ambition by Mike Tyson
    Tribe of Mentors - Tim Ferriss
    Business Adventures - John Brooks
    Algorithms to live by
    Console Wars by Blake Harris
    The checklist manifstio - Atul Gawande
    Principles - Ray Dalio
    Losing the Signal Rise and fall of blackberry.
    Wow! We have very similar tastes in reading. I never read fiction nowadays; I devoured fiction as a kid.

I also read several books at once and often and never feel any particular need to finish books.
    WMDS likes this.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast